• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are Google Talk chat messages counted towards SMS/MMS with Verizion ?

Blackbelt4

Jan 15, 2010
Ive been reading this forum for several months, and bought my Eris last month (previous Blackberry Storm owner). With my Blackberry, I was used to having Blackberry Messenger service that allowed me to message other BB owners, without using my SMS/MMS count with Verizion. Without that, I have set up Google Talk as an alternative.

Pardon me asking something here that everyone else proabably already knows, but does the Google Talk messages get counted as SMS/MMS messages by Verizon ? I do not use it except to message one of my friends from time to time, so I am fairly ignorant about the various types of 'chat' messaging systems out there.

Thanks for your help, and I am enjoying everything that this Eris can do so far. I was a bit leery at making the switch, but I can see Android systems are a good way to go.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones