• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Are my pictures lost? Hoping for hope.

Lauravel

Lurker
Apr 20, 2016
Hi there...new here.

Is there anyway to get pictures out of a fried phone? I have a six week old and I hadn't uploaded any of my pictures since the day I gave birth. I'm feel just sick about this.

Here's what happened to my phone...

I noticed there were a few drops of water on my phone (near the camera) when I picked it up out of the stroller, yesterday morning. I noticed a sippy cup had been sitting next to it, but didn't think anything of it as there wasn't any other water and the sippy cup was still full.

A couple hours later, I heard my phone beep like the battery was dying and then it shut off. I tried to turn it on with no success. I figured I had forgotten to plug in the charger the night before.

Three or four hours later, I plugged it into the charger and nothing happened. I left it in for a few minutes thinking the battery must be completely dead. Nothing.

Then I remembered the water and looked at it closely. There was moisture under the camera lens. I took out the sim card and there was water there too.

I laid it in front of a fan the rest of the day and all night and didn't see any moisture this morning. It still won't turn on or charge.

I'm upset about the money it's going to cost to replace it, but I'm more upset about the pictures of my son't first six weeks of life.

Is there any hope to get the pictures? I'm going to take it to a professional today.

Sorry things didn't work out better. There are plenty of choices for good photo managers that will do automatic backup/syncing to an online account. Google Photos/Drive blends in well with Android, if you're also a Windows user and use services like Office365 than OneDrive is already well integrated into the mix, Dropbox is really popular independent option with a relatively long history.
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/onedrive...which-cloud-storage-service-is-right-for-you/

Upvote 0
Reactions: svim and Jfalls63
Upvote 0
In future for you, as this will happen again.... that is a promise with babies around you.

pull the battery "right now", remove the SIM card and the SD card.
dry the cards and the battery off good, do not wipe the cards, static will destroy them.

leave the back off the phone, find a place that has a vacuum pump.. or make your own from a hardware store, Harbor Freight, etc...

put the phone inside a jar or other container, pull down a vacuum of 26 inches of Mercury ( the gauge is calibrated that way) and leave it in that vacuum for at least 3 hours, all night would be better.

all the moisture will be removed, totally.....
put the phone back together with battery, and you have a 98% chance of it working again.

* How to Remove Moisture from a Phone

[URL='http://androidforums.com/threads/so-it-got-wet.995578/']* How to remove moisture - Tips - So it got WET !!![/URL]

Reactions: hiredgun
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones