1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Are the two soft touch buttons slightly less responsive than the actual touchscreen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

After playing with my new S2 for a few hours, I noticed the two "touch buttons" (left "Menu" and right "Back" buttons) feel like they're on a resistive touchscreen hardware.

What I meant was that the regular touchscreen feels extremely responsive (given that the hardware is capacitive), while those two buttons are slightly less responsive. I often times have to press a few more (twice or three times) on those two buttons to make it work. Or at least I try to press harder.

Maybe this is just with my phone, or maybe this was designed this way... so the buttons at the bottom (including the physical Home) feels like actual buttons, thus you would have to press them down harder?

Anyone notice this too?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

hmm, mine works with aprox same speed as screen. depends what firmware ur on...

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Still on stock. KIES shows:

PDA:KE7
    PHONE: KE4
    CSC:KD1 (XEU)

And, I meant not speed, but responsiveness. Like if I were to press with a certain amount of pressure/effort on the touchscreen, it would be the same for those two buttons. However, to me, it feels like there is just a slightly more effort/pressure needed.

4. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

i know what u mean, but i didn`t notice any diffrence tbh + u could update ur firmware btw ;)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

K. I will try updating it via KIES now.

6. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

Good idea for start :)

7. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

my two buttons activate even with the slightest pressure. I have haptic feedback activated so the phone vibrates when you touch the screen.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Just updated my firmware via KIES, and it's still the same as far as feeling like the two buttons are just a tad tad bit less responsive than touchscreen. Like as if the soft buttons were not capacitive, but resistive... they require MORE force to press down.

Hmm... I guess I could just be overly sensitive or perhaps this is the way the phone was intended to be? It would be a long shot for me to return this.

9. HP1980

HP1980 Lurker

Mine seems a bit sluggish to respond - On stock f/w

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews