1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Are there any apps out there for taking HDR photos?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattstud36, Sep 30, 2010.

1. mattstud36

mattstud36 Well-Known Member

I heard that the X was supposed to be capable of taking HDR photos with the Froyo update. I looked in the market for apps, and only found Camera 360... I really wasn't too impressed with it. Does anyone have another camera app for taking HDR photos?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Where did you hear this?

As far as I know, there are no HDR camera apps for android. Camera 360 doesn't do HDR, it only simulates the HDR look.

3. mattstud36

Has anyone else heard about HDR being possible on the X with 2.2? I remember reading this a while back, but I can't find the article now.

4. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast

hdr looks like ass anyway

5. mattstud36

I think it's a really neat effect. It's not something that you would use all the time, but it would be cool to use it occasionally.

6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

I'll bite. What is HDR?

7. NCTurner

NCTurner Android Enthusiast

Hmm, I completely disagree! If done correctly, it can look very good. Here's a waterfall pic I did with my DSLR using HDR.

White Owl Falls photo - NC Turner photos at pbase.com

There are a lot of settings in HDR which can drastically change the appearance of the end result.

8. Btros

Btros Android Enthusiast

It's a process that takes the same photo with several different exposures then creates a single image from the different photos. Done right it can look really cool.

HDR = High Dynamic Range

9. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

10. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

That picture is awesome!

11. Btros

Btros Android Enthusiast

12. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Newbie

I tried to make one, thinking it wouldn't be that hard after Apple announced it as a new feature in iOS. I got the camera to take 3 pictures in a row but when I realized I'd need to import some java image manipulating libraries I gave up.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews