• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Are there any good ICS or newer ROMS for the Desire?

Mattb81

Sep 6, 2011
Australia
Hey guys,

I would like to have ICS or better on my phone to breath some life into the old thing. dGB is all good and functional but I'm bored with it now and would like to be able to use Chrome and other ICS only apps.

My question is, are there any stable complete builds out there or is it just not worth it for this phone?

It's been so long since I fiddled with it I'm a bit nervous again. Will have to work out how to change hboots again as I'm on a small one to get the most out of dGB.

Well, my wife has a Samsung Nexus (second one I think) and it got upgraded to ICS and now Jellybean when they got released.

It's not game breaking stuff, but there are certain apps she can get that I can't, like Chrome, and it's just a little fresher. I want to get a Nexus 4 but they are having stock issues at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones