1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Are there any good keyboard equipped phones coming out soon?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by falkner09, Feb 24, 2011.

1. falkner09

falkner09 Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    Ok so I have the LG Ally right now, not a powerful phone but I picked it over the other Verizon phones because it has a physical keyboard, and actual face buttons, rather than just those touch-sensitive icon things (what is the point of those? they're like a touch screen combined with buttons, but with the advantages of neither and the downsides of both.)

anyway, I'd like to get a more powerful phone, but I want a real keyboard and actual buttons I can feel when i press them. are there any phones like that announced to be coming out? It's hard to keep track with all the conferences going on lately.

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Yes, there is.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro.

Dunno if its headed for Verizon, although its Play sibling is.

The HTC Merge (based on the HTC Desire Z) seems on and off, then recently on again.

Is the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global not good for you?

3. DragnFire1

DragnFire1 Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Now I have the same question. But I’m gonna be a little bit more specific and maybe some ideas will come up that will help Falkner09 and myself (even tho we are on different providers)

1. I’m on T-mobile so I guess unlocked SIM based phones are ok.
    2. I need at least a 5 mega-p camera with a good flash
    3. I need a forward and rear camera (for future skyping and video calls heh)
    4. I would like it to have a lanyard hole but I’m finding that’s more difficult to achieve in US based Phones. Lots of people use lanyards for hanging around the neck but I actually use mine for charms like they do in Japan.
    5. Must have an expansion slot for more memory. I’m currently using a 8gb MicroSD.
    6. Good battery life would be great.

Generally I purchase unlocked European phones (current phone is the LG KF900 Prada Phone) because I can then use them with SIM cards in the states and abroad. But I am so tired of missing out on all the kool apps out there. So I think my next phone will be an Android phone since I don’t really like the IPhone.

Any ideas are welcome. I don’t mind paying for a non US phone as I know we are now a global community. ;-)

4. falkner09

falkner09 Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    I almost got the Droid 2, but decided on the Ally because it had actual face buttons, rather than just those aforementioned pseudo button touch icon things(is there a name for those?)

5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert
    None

Yup, touch sensitive buttons.