• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there any HTC flip clock widgets?

What would you suggest using to backup apps to the SD card?
I know there is one... I just can't remember the name.

So I forgot my phone at home today (god I feel naked)... but I'm using a paid backup app... I think it's My Backup Pro maybe? My memory is bad with this kind of thing unfortunately. I know it has a red and white lifesaver as an icon. I like it, it schedules daily backups to the company server and let's me do backups of my apps to SD.

I think you could even just copy the .apk to another directory with astro or something... or am I mistaken? Normally I'd test something like that with my phone before I post ... but see above :mad:

Upvote 0
I just installed this widget.
But I noticed that with it running or even after install, my phone would not go to sleep.
I rebooted the phone and it seemed to go to sleep, but once i started the widget again, it would not.
As soon as I uninstalled the weather widget, it went to sleep as normal.

Is there a way to fix this?

Download "Spare Parts" from Android Market. Go to End Button behavior and tell it how you wanna the phone to go to sleep. That should do it.

Upvote 0
I fail to see how HTC could have a copyright on a flip-clock look. How do they manage that since the flip-clock itself isn't even protected?

They made their own design apparently for the Hero and copyrighted it. That's why beautiful widget's creator had to change his design. The widget itself was selling because people like myself wanted to hero's clock w/weather design and on that basis alone a copyright violation was being done. You cannot make money off of something that someone else created/made that is copywrighted without their permission.

Upvote 0
appmanager works well... i have 2.9 and 3.0 backed up to the SD card. astro also works... and they're both free.

mount and backup to your computer if you want to go that far. :)
Excellent. I'll check those out. Thank you!:D

Gotta love the big company pushing the little guy around.
It's a matter of property rights. Not a matter of big vs small. Just b/c you may have more money than me, does that make it less of a crime to steal from you?:rolleyes:

On another note, does anyone have screen shots of the other two clock options?

Upvote 0
It's only stealing if he took their code and just labeled it as his own. Which if he did do that he's lucky they didn't take him to the cleaners.

Lets say you have a numitron clock available for sale on your website for people with 220V 50Hz using the mains frequency as the timebase and then I come along and say 'hey, that's a good idea, I should do that for the Americans that would want that for 120V 60Hz' then I go out and offer one on my website. It's only stealing if I made a photo copy of your circuit board and then had it manufactured with a little programming modification so it would work outside of what you specified. It is perfectly legitimate for me to go out and design my own and offer it for sale even if it looks almost exactly the same in the end.

In the end it doesn't matter as we all know, I'm just saying. There are plenty of us here that have the non-updated version and I'm sure someone has backed it up and that it'll get passed around.

Upvote 0
It's only stealing if he took their code and just labeled it as his own.

It is perfectly legitimate for me to go out and design my own and offer it for sale even if it looks almost exactly the same in the end.

That's just plain wrong. You can't steal someone's design elements (the way the clock looks), even if you achieve the design using different code. How something looks is artistic expression, which is exactly what can be copyrighted (as compared to the idea of having a screen clock, etc.).

Quoting straight from the US Patent Office: "Copyright protection extends to all the copyrightable expression embodied in the computer program. Copyright protection is not available for ideas, program logic, algorithms, systems, methods, concepts, or layouts."

Computer Programs

Upvote 0
It used to look just like HTC's flip style clock, but now it has a digital clock look that I don't like.

FYI, I just installed the weather widget ($1.50) and it looks awesome!

I just installed weather widget, too. I installed Beautiful Widgets first and I upgraded to the newest version, but I missed the old HTC style clock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones