1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Are there any "official" cases/screencovers/accessories for the Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hello all, I'm new to this forum, just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone has any information.

I pre-ordered the Thunderbolt from BB and am thinking ahead about accessories. It would be nice to have a nice cover/case or both for the phone before it comes out- or before its too late and is damaged. I heard that zagg is a nice brand but have no knowlegde of anything really.

What do you all use/recommend for these smartphones- how much protection do they need?

-Chriz

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dajogejr

dajogejr Member

I ordered a rubberized hard plastic case for the TB to have before I got mine as well.
    Ordered it Sunday on Ebay from California, according to the USPS tracking info, I should have it today.
    It was a 7 dollar total investment, I'm not looking for it to help the phone make me breakfast...lol. I just wanted something to hold me over until better accessories were available (i.e. Otterbox or Body Glove case, larger batteries, etc.)

Deleted User likes this.
  3. fbm111

fbm111 Well-Known Member

If you don't like cases then I would go with zagg full body but not use the screen cover. Get yourself a nice SGP Stienheil screen protector. SGP has also started making full body kits that I just got my son one for his iphone, very nice if you like naked phones.

I do not like naked phones, I don't drop them but I still like protection. Best all around cases in my opinion are the Otterbox Commuter series. Otterbox arguably makes the best cases. Alot of people like Seido cases as well, I have used both and prefer Otterbox. Otterbox is also an american company but produce their products overseas.

dajogejr likes this.
  4. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Android Enthusiast

I am an employee for bestbuy and we started receiving cases for the Tbolt in our inventory. So yes there are official cases for the Tbolt! We just cant sell ours yet :/ lol

Deleted User likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Nice- thanks for the info- I might try to do the same. I just have no idea whats official because some sites say accessories "coming soon".

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Nice, i might buy one from you guys if everything runs smooth. any idea when the phone is actually being released? i called my BB today and he said the 14th without hesitation...after all the debate on these forums i thought it had been pushed back.. maybe not?

7. cmram12

cmram12 Newbie

Will SGP screen protectors made for the Evo fit the Thunderbolt?

8. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Android Enthusiast

I doubt it. I'm looking at the phone speaker at the top of the evo being a part that would probably be cut around, and comparing it the Thunderbolt that would be more streamlined. My bet is you'd need to buy a different one just for the Thunderbolt

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Deleted User and cmram12 like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

After doing a bit more research, not sure how I feel about the wet application of the zagg and others. im leaning towards a steinhall ultra or whatever its called, i feel confident i can do a near perfect application- $ isnt much of an issue its the quality that im looking for. Might have to search for a few cases but i think TB might be on the thicker side and dont walk to bulk it up too much-

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, keep 'em comin if you have input. It wounds like there are supporters off all screen protectors, but generally the 1cent ones arent the best.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

11. koalabear

koalabear Newbie

Have you seen one of these cases? Is there cut out for the kickstand?

12. lilbballer27

On the paper that we have it says the 14th but also right after that says "this date is subject to change" so as of now we are still telling people the 14th because we have not been told otherwise.

Yes I put all the cases away at my store and there is a cut out for the kickstand. Currently we have only silicone cases not hard plastic ones yet...

Deleted User likes this.
  13. NCX Designs

NCX Designs Android Enthusiast

So the Platinum Series cases by Seidio haven't arrived yet?
    there was an article on Phandroid that showed them arriving at BestBuy's across the country, along with some from Rocketfish.

I went to the nearest BestBuy that sells Verizon (50+ miles away too) and i was standing and waiting for someone to help me answer my questions regarding the ThunderBolt pre-order, after 3 or 4 people got helped instead of me while i was there before them i ended up leaving and going to the H.H.Gregg next door only to get annoyed by the TCC rep for Verizon. The rep asked us "how about that ThunderBolt huh?" and my friend and I were asking about if they had received any info regarding the delay if it was true or not but the KID said "ooo sorry, can't say anything, we have the accessories in the back just can't sell them yet" I refuse to believe they know the real date, but i'm frustrated enough to go ask one of my Verizon friends i used to work with back when I still worked at Circuit City, they let me in on all the upcoming release info, i even got to hold a Droid X before it was even out (absolutely despise the phone's UI though)

My incredible recently started having problems and random reboots so its a sign i need to replace it with the ThunderBolt, its only destiny! :p

14. lilbballer27

When I was at work on Tuesday we only had the rocketfish cases. No Platinum series ones yet. I work today so I will double check our inventory see if anything else came in!

I also see if I were emailed any information from our Verizon rep to see about a delay on the release or what, because we are all curious and deserve to know!!

15. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert

The best buy I work at has one hard case, and some gel ones.

I sent the pictures into Phandroid, they're the ones you can see on the news page.

Deleted User likes this.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews