• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are there clip on keyboards?

AlanB1976

Jul 13, 2011
UK
Hey all

I'm in the market for a HD tablet but want one with a keyboard (for writing those long emails, etc.). And I want a keyboard that will clip or hold on to the tablet (so I can use it like a normal laptop). The only choice I've seen is the Asus TF700 with keyboard dock. Are there any other keyboards that are designed to hold on to the tablets?

Thanks!
Alan

It doesn't just "rest" on the keyboard. The keyboard actually has a sunken slot for the tablet, with a dock connection. It sort of slots in. But not too tight. It doesn't connect to the tablet via bluetooth or whatever, there is actually a connector there that plugs into the tablet port. I've used one but for a 7inch tab. Its basically the same except for the cradle around the port to hold the 7incher is smaller.

Here's a video
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 keyboard dock - YouTube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones