1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Are they any apps that cut out music

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by tweacle, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tweacle

tweacle Newbie

Hi there

I have Poweramp full version that has the ability of cutting out the music when the sat nav gives out instructions on the phone.

Does anyone know if there are any other apps that have this as not all my apps are overulling poweramp and the music and sat nav both speaking/playing music together.

If not does anyone know of just a audio focus app that I can cut them out.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DanPLC

DanPLC Member

The app I developed, Music Player (Remix), will fade down when an app like Navigation takes over the audio. Once the navigation instructions finish, the music fades back up. Also it will pause the music if a call comes in, and resume play once the call ends. Plus if you're listening with headphones and you unplug your headphones to take the call, the app is smart enough to not resume playing if the headphones are still unplugged (in case you don't want to disturb people around you).

You can find the 14-day free, fully-functional trial version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

And if you want to learn about a few of the other key features, check out the article LifeHacker posted today here: Music Player (Remix) Packs a Swipe-Up Widget, Auto Playlists, and More

tweacle likes this.
  3. tweacle

tweacle Newbie

The app is great but donno if it me or my settings. I use m8 and sygic sat nav apps and when using them with this App the music don't fade and just speaks with music playing. When I go into the sat nav app to look at directions etc the music just cuts out all together. What am I doing wrong.

4. DanPLC

DanPLC Member

My app listens for the standard audio focus messages that other apps (like navigation apps) should be broadcasting when it wants other apps to either turn off or fade down their audio. See this Android developer page for a reference: Managing Audio Focus | Android Developers. My app behaves as Google recommends per the specifications documented on this site.

When using Google Navigation, my app will fade its music down as it should since that app is broadcasting the "AUDIOFOCUS_GAIN_TRANSIENT_MAY_DUCK" message. It tells apps that play audio (like music apps) that it's ok to keep playing, but they should fade their audio volume down. If Remix is not doing this with your navigation apps, then those apps are not broadcasting the messages they should be.