• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are we only able to view Android Apps on the Market?

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
I'm going to be a new Android user and Id like to find the apps i want to use now so i'll have them when i get the phone. It looks like the Market only shows featured apps, is there a place that I can find apps that are categorized? Or is it only available on the phone? and if it is, is it categorized?

types of apps i'm looking at so far are:

contacts/SMS/call history synchronizer/backup
notes program
call filter
photo manager
battery monitor
list maker

My incredible is due tomorrow and I just set up appbrain like denverralphy suggested.

So easy and had most of the apps I want.

domdert66, so you are saying that google is going to more or less replicate the appbrain service soon?

Is there also a way for appbrain to update apps when new versions are available?

Also, via the web, appbrain or otherwise, is there any way see most popular apps by category?

Upvote 0
Is there also a way for appbrain to update apps when new versions are available?

Also, via the web, appbrain or otherwise, is there any way see most popular apps by category?
AppBrain is a portal to the Android Market itself. When updates are released, the Market app on your phone will notify you of updates.

From within the Market app, you can view Top Free and Top Paid for each category.

Upvote 0
AppBrain is a portal to the Android Market itself. When updates are released, the Market app on your phone will notify you of updates.

From within the Market app, you can view Top Free and Top Paid for each category.
I thought so....except I don't have my phone yet (tomorrow!).

So all of the apps I'm installing through appbrain will actually show up on the phone as if I installed them through the Android Market on the phone?

Seems like the Froyo release to update all will be handy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones