• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are we still SOL for Facebook syncing?

vr6dubbin

Dec 10, 2009
So it's been some time since the OTA rolled out, and i'm wondering if everyone is still having the com.htc.bg Force close issue as a result of facebook syncing? Forgive me if i'm late, but I dont frequent these forums. Just trying to aid my brother as he does a lot of promoting with Facebook from his phone and this makes it a lot harder.. and i'm the one that installed the update for him :p

We have tried quite a few things now.. I've been through so many threads in this forum on this issue.. even other forums. Some people are having the problem solved and some are not. It's pretty silly honestly.

So it's been some time since the OTA rolled out, and i'm wondering if everyone is still having the com.htc.bg Force close issue as a result of facebook syncing? Forgive me if i'm late, but I dont frequent these forums. Just trying to aid my brother as he does a lot of promoting with Facebook from his phone and this makes it a lot harder.. and i'm the one that installed the update for him :p

Dude, there's already a few threads running on this topic. Try using search instead of posting a new thread.

Upvote 0
Dude, there's already a few threads running on this topic. Try using search instead of posting a new thread.

A little snarky for someone with 3 posts dont ya think? Everyone knows to search, but sometimes its impossible to root through everything. If you dont have something helpful to say, just dont say it.

To the OP, try searching over on XDA. They have a lot of people with this issue and solutions to it. Good luck.

Upvote 0

We have tried quite a few things now.. I've been through so many threads in this forum on this issue.. even other forums. Some people are having the problem solved and some are not. It's pretty silly honestly.

Best solution which fixed my problems was to reset to factory. First I exported my phone contacts to PC (HT SYNC, with overwrite Phone to PC set). Imported to Google Contacts. Backed up anything else you can.
Then do a factory reset. Your contacts come back when you login to Google. and when you add Facebook, depending how many friends you have, comes back slowly. Havn't had any real issues since. I do notice at rare occasions the pics go away but they come back within 10 mins...not a big issues for me.

Hope that works for you.

Oh and Factory Reset really took away all kinks, the 2.1 is working flawless right now. Going back and staying 1.5 was not an option I wanted to do, since many better apps need > 1.6.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones