• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you a Mac or PC?

It's just common sense. Seriously. WHY ON EARTH, would your Anti Virus display a warning in a pop up IE/FF window or advertisement? Seriously?

Fellow Windows users? Who cares? It's not like we're part of some club and we pat each other on the back like Apple users do.

I've had many non-techy friends and colleages taken in by stuff like this:-
av360web1.gif

They see the MICROSOFT SECURITY WARNING, panic, and click the button,...pwned.

Reactions: JQwerty91
Upvote 0
Well my husband has been teaching me this stuff for over 12 years now, and if you want I can ship my piece of crap windows machine to you, and you can see the darn thing is always messed up, so I am afraid that you are wrong once again, you could not possibly know what it is exactly that I know, you dont know me from Jesus, so you can stop assuming I am stupid. it is not a user error, and also that would be called a spacer error, you know the space between the chair and the keyboard. so if you know so much about me, do tell... what sort of education have I had? hmmmm? *hands on hips*

Well, golly sakes. Let's see, I use a laptop. It runs Windows. I tried Apple, and it ran Word just as well. All I need is a machine that runs Office and the version of Office matters little; as long as I can open, edit, and save .doc and .txt files, I'll continue to eat.

PC is better because some people say so. Apple is better because some say that is just the way it is. They hate apple or Jobs or who really knows. Apple rules, according to those that hate Gates and Microsoft; I hate that Marchant stopped selling motors and Planetary differentials for my Figuermatic (much cooler than either apple or MS attempt at calculators); we all think ours is best and we hate change and we love arguing minutia.

And some hardcore UNIX users likely think we are all pussies and need a real man

Upvote 0
Well, golly sakes. Let's see, I use a laptop. It runs Windows. I tried Apple, and it ran Word just as well. All I need is a machine that runs Office and the version of Office matters little; as long as I can open, edit, and save .doc and .txt files, I'll continue to eat.

PC is better because some people say so. Apple is better because some say that is just the way it is. They hate apple or Jobs or who really knows. Apple rules, according to those that hate Gates and Microsoft; I hate that Marchant stopped selling motors and Planetary differentials for my Figuermatic (much cooler than either apple or MS attempt at calculators); we all think ours is best and we hate change and we love arguing minutia.

And some hardcore UNIX users likely think we are all pussies and need a real man’s OS. Well, not all, perhaps.

We ran UNIX on production floor HP test systems, and MS DOS Batch Files for modem testing. Art department uses Apple and I use a PC. We all used Palm Pilots. We always got along well.

Many users love apple because it is the “best” and some users love a PC because it is the “best”, and in some cases, neither group can tell you why or why not. They simply have little knowledge about why this is good and that sucks.

I want to eat so I work and whatever allows me to do so, is fine by me.

By the way, Indian is better than Harley, Technicolor IB is better than digital, Dye Transfer is better than all other color printing processes, Fountain pens are better than computer printers, and typewriters still rule.

Bob Maxey

This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. nicely put Bob. BTW, Palm Pilots? Really? How very retro of you. LOL ;o)

Upvote 0
I'm both PC and mac. Running a 13 inch white macbook (2.13ghz C2D) and my custom built pc has a 4.5ghz overclocked E8600 C2D, 4gb G.Skill RAM @900mhz, GTX 470 (stock), Auzentech X-Fi Prelude soundcard... blah blah blah.

I personally feel each OS has its benefits and downfalls. I only use my mac for internet surfing and/or side tasks. Its a little safer with the whole 'having less viruses' thing and I think safari is a great browser (typing from it right now actually). But everything extensive, I run on my PC. It just has so much more power and can do everything much quicker and windows is the best OS out there IMO. OSX is more flash and show than function. I find it a little sluggish at times as well. Linux is good, but nothing really supports it (atleast not what I use). Windows, I'm use to it (that's mainly why I like it so much), and everything on there has virtually no lagging for me. Plus, it is supported by absolutely everything. And hte big thing, IT'S CHEAPERRRR.

Upvote 0
I'm both PC and mac. Running a 13 inch white macbook (2.13ghz C2D) and my custom built pc has a 4.5ghz overclocked E8600 C2D, 4gb G.Skill RAM @900mhz, GTX 470 (stock), Auzentech X-Fi Prelude soundcard... blah blah blah.

I personally feel each OS has its benefits and downfalls. I only use my mac for internet surfing and/or side tasks. Its a little safer with the whole 'having less viruses' thing and I think safari is a great browser (typing from it right now actually). But everything extensive, I run on my PC. It just has so much more power and can do everything much quicker and windows is the best OS out there IMO. OSX is more flash and show than function. I find it a little sluggish at times as well. Linux is good, but nothing really supports it (atleast not what I use). Windows, I'm use to it (that's mainly why I like it so much), and everything on there has virtually no lagging for me. Plus, it is supported by absolutely everything. And hte big thing, IT'S CHEAPERRRR.

I never liked the safari browser. It's sluggish, and even though it has the more modern webkit (the more I delve into CSS + AJAX the more I notice this) browser, which now puts it in a slight lead over IE's trident engine, it still renders webpages kind of weird sometimes. Not to mention it really doesn't play nice with Flash(and tbh that's OSX's fault), and don't even mention the windows counter part, because it sucks outright.

Upvote 0
I custom build my desktops and like to game on the go, so it's Windows 7 for me. Occasionally I like to play with Ubuntu as well, but I never have found a use for OSX other than looking like a computer-illiterate hipster in Starbucks (which appears to be the only use for OSX).

Kind of a bold thing to say that don't you think? Well it is the internet, oh well.

Anyways to this post, PC some of my college friends here uses Mac (I can't stand how macs lack a right click button, and replaced it with a two-finger tap method). Pretty much waiting for either an Android tablets that run 3.0 or the Asus EePad 10 inch to replace my laptop.
*fingers crossed*

Upvote 0
Custom PC: Windows Vista
Acer Laptop: Windows 7

Not a fan of Apple's hardware pricing (though I have played with the Macbook Pro and of all Apple's products it is my fav).

I've built 4 PCs that i've used over the last 9 years. Only ever had 2 Viruses between all 4 and one malware invasion of one on XP circa 2004.

Only really used a couple firewalls. Usually I shut off all virus protection and just do a check once a week or so.

Still baffled when I meet people who have numerous problems with viruses... where do you people go on the net that is so saturated with virus problems?

Upvote 0
I'm a PC (both desktop and server) ... and a Mac ... and a Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat ... and Fedora, and Mint) and a Unix and a System 36, most importantly, an Android.

First computer ever used was leased time in the '70s on a mainframe connecting a terminal through an acoustic coupler at a blazing 12k. First personally owned computer was a Tandy Coco.

PC: Used DOS, Windows 3, 3.1, 3.11 (Windows for Workgroups), Windows 95, 98, NT (Skipped Me and never tried OS/2) XP, Vista and 7.

Mac: System 3, 4, 6 (yuk!), 7, 8 and 9.1, OS X through most of the cats 10.1 to 10.5

Linux: Not going to list all the kernels ... don't have that much time ;)

And after over three decades of experience, I can tell you that the absolute best is BORG OS .... resistance is futile.

Reactions: Snow_Fox
Upvote 0
Borg OS?

WHERE GET?

And tbh... If more people *did* start using mac..

can you guess what would happen? Mac would end up in the same situation windows is now... being constantly attacked and targeted..

the people who can't use a pc to save their life may get a breath of fresh air in mac..but, if enough people use mac.. well... mac's problems are going to come to the surface that much more.

*Edit*

If linux ever gets steam support buhbye windows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones