• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you addicted?

Bugglette

Nov 20, 2009
Soooo, this is a little OT and I wasn't sure where to put it.

I know I am hopelessly addicted to my new super cool and awesome phone and need to know that I am not alone. :)

How do I know that I am addicted? Here are two reasons...add your own if you have them.

1. When on the 'regular' computer, I often click the center of the screen and try to pull the page up/down....as opposed to scrolling :rolleyes:

2. (This one is embarrassing) I am a Facebook fan of TGIFridays (for that coupon they gave out a while ago). Anyway, there was a post about how they have 'Appy Hour' instead of 'Happy Hour,' where customers get half priced 'Apps.' My first thought was, "oh half priced Apps! (as in applications) probably only for the iPhone...I should click to see more details, maybe it's Android too!" To my amazement, 'Apps' was referring to APPETIZERS! Who knew! ROTFLMAO :eek:

In my defense, I had been downloading like crazy, and I haven't been sleeping much (staying up late with my Droid, and waking up early with my toddler, lol)

"Just walk away...and there will be an end to the horror."

2315299095_5ee432d1a1.jpg

Upvote 0
How do I know that I am addicted? Here are two reasons...add your own if you have them.

1. When on the 'regular' computer, I often click the center of the screen and try to pull the page up/down....as opposed to scrolling :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm looking into reversing the scrolling direction in my settings. Drives me nuts I keep dragging the touchpad on the lappy the wrong way.

My Droid sleeps on a pillow next to me.

Mines either plugged into the charger right next to the bed, or under the pillow with me :D

With its high SAR that's not a good idea. Keep it at least 2-4 feet away from you when sleeping.

I have more things to worry about than the EMR from the phone. I work with explosives for a living I can handle a little radiation from it. But I know you are right, over extended periods of time the radiation is bad for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones