1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Are You Boastful Of Your HTC EVO 3D To Friends, Family & Strangers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProfeZZor X, Jul 2, 2011.

1. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Yesterday while at the mall, I found myself taking 3D pictures of my family while we were taking a break in the kiddie playground area. And while I held up the camera at a distance to get a group shot in, a young guy next to me shouted out in amazement "Wow, is that the new 3D phone?"... without turning around, I said "Yup", and proceeded to take the picture. Then I asked "So what do you have", to which he replied "An iphone"... That's where the conversation turned into an awkward moment of silence, and ended just like that. It was kind of funny actually.

But besides that moment, I've found myself showing my 3DVO to just about anyone that I'm surrounded by. Mostly friends and coworkers, but once in a while I will gloat whenever the opportunity presents itself. Like when I went to see Transformers 3, and while waiting for the movie to start, the people behind me were thrilled to see my 3D images and the Avatar 3D movie I was watching.

It's the little stuff that makes me appreciate this device so much.

What about you?

Advertisement

jallp82 and JunBringer like this.
  2. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Ohio
    I like asking my friends if they have any aspirin. When they reply no I force them to watch 3D movies slightly off angle so I can give them a headache.

3. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    No because this phone is so awesome I'm afraid I'll get robbed.

Kidding. Actually, I was on the train yesterday watching The Green Hornet (watching videos is something I swore I'd never do on a phone btw) & this chick that was sitting about 10 seats from me came & sat across from me & starts questioning me about the 3vo. She had a Sensation (I like the form factor better on it) We traded phones for about 20 minutes. They are very much alike but the 3vo has more weight to it which I like. Anyway it was her first Android so I directed her to this site, downloaded some apps she might like. Also at work, it's been passed around the office at least 3 times. It took me damn near an hour before I realized my boss had it on Tuesday

Moral of the story, if you gotta be boastful of it to people, you're doing it wrong, it does all the boasting for you. ;)

jallp82 likes this.
  4. wacko11

wacko11 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    U.S. Virgin Islands
    I no u got the #

5. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2010

Yes it does!

6. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    I admit it... if the opportunity presents itself I do ;)

7. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    That's what concealed weapon permits are for. ;)

8. DeeJayCrash

DeeJayCrash Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Student
    Indiana
    I tend to show my 3VO off, but only if given the opportunity. I wouldn't want someone cramming their junky iPhone towards me if I didn't ask to see it...

9. ProfeZZor X

None

Jun 28, 2011
    When I was in the market to get a cell phone (again), my brother turned me on to the Touch Pro 2... I was openly unhappy with it after about 6 months, due to the missed calls, slow internet speed, quickly draining battery, and overall performance. So now, I find myself trying to convince him to upgrade to the 3DVO so that we can both discover new things about the Android phone.

I'll see him tomorrow, so I'll have the opportunity to let him experience the phone then. And maybe I can get him to take full advantage of his upgrade allowance, rather than rooting that POS Touch Pro 2 he has now.

10. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Atlanta
    Every person I have shown the phone to has been totally stunned at how awesome the 3d is as well as how responsive the phone actually is.

11. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010

Naw, wasn't my type.

That & the Mrs. would have killed me lol.

12. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    I show my phone off every chance I get... At the rate new phones are coming out no phone gets to be #1 for long. I'm enjoying this while it lasts. =)

chikku_ns, jallp82 and ProfeZZor X like this.
  13. ProfeZZor X

None

Jun 28, 2011
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty sure our phones will be obsolete in the near future, if they already aren't at this point. But it's like you said, I am enjoying it for the here and now, and trying to gather as many followers to jump on this 3DVO bandwagon as possible before our 15 minutes of fame is up.

14. Blue_Turtle

Blue_Turtle Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2011
    Most people I show my new phone to absolutely love it. However, every Iphone user that asked to see my phone is extremely negative saying the 3d sucks and the phone is too big. I don't understand why Iphone users are so negative towards the EVO. I mean, I have nothing against the Iphone and think its great. So why can't the Iphone users show a little respect towards the EVO users? They get so defensive and childish about the whole thing immediately wanting to start up a debate. Silly Iphone users...

chikku_ns likes this.
  15. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    The way I look at it is that we are lucky enough to have lots of choices. I am extremely happy with this phone but it may not be the right one for someone else... and that's OK. I have enjoyed the EVO 3D, gimmick and all but as long as I am pleased with it that's all that matters. Perhaps the iFolks are just threatened by a little competition ;)

novox77 and EarlyMon like this.
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    It varies - for every iP4 owner I've met who's been extremely faithful, I've met _almost_ as many that are way curious about Android and wish they'd gone with it. That second group tends to crop as the strangers next to us at our favorite bistros and sports bars when we all have our junk lying out and someone asks me if I have this or that app on my iPhone or I ask them what case they're using.

Choice is good, and I'd like to have faith that regular Joes like me are in the majority and we all know that it's us against the makers, because as long as we're that way, maybe they'll compete more and keep improving.

Have I been boastful of my Evo or my 3vo? Not really. Doesn't put me above tugging the ears of my iP4 friends who are too dyed in the wool, tho. After I've plied them with tasty beverages is best. But then - I tend to tug the ears of people who root for the wrong teams under those same circumstances. ;) :D :p

17. ArmageddonX

None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    After watching me with my HTC Evo 3D for two months both my Wife & my Mother upgraded to the Evo 3D today. It's going to be "the family phone" now lol :p
    Got it through NewEgg for $99 w00t w00t

dan330, marctronixx and CarrieK like this.
  18. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I got in a little brag time yesterday. Had my EVO 3D with me while tailgating yesterday and took some awesome 3D pics and videos. Also watched The RedZone channel from DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket app. Everyone was quite impressed. :D I love, love, love this phone!

19. wacko11

wacko11 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    U.S. Virgin Islands
    I streamed the mayweather fight from my 3d to my 52'.

CarrieK likes this.
  20. rothlike

rothlike Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2011
    Walnut Creek, CA
    I have been asked about my phone by people who see me using it, they look at it with facination. If they have an iPhone I mock them openely.

ProfeZZor X likes this.
  21. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I also don't boast about my phone. I let others form their own opinions on it.

22. ProfeZZor X

None

Jun 28, 2011
    Mine is more subtle with a hint of condescending tone...

"So what are you going to do now that Steve Jobs is gone, and he took his creativity and innovations with him".

23. ArmageddonX

None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Lets not get off-topic here, but as long as Apple's Marketing Machine remains untouched their going to be hoodwinking people into buying their products for many, many, years to come. They've got so many people convinced anything with an Apple logo on it has been sent from the future to save humanity or that without their iStatusSymbols they just aren't "cool" anymore. They're going to be fine, unfortunately...

ProfeZZor X likes this.
  24. roland365

roland365 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Wow...how?

25. Soufjerzz

Soufjerzz Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    Yup and they all say "3D?!?! Bull Sh*t?!?!" Then I whip out some 3d photos and watch their faces light up!!

Tags: