• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you exited?

I was going to get it for sure, but after the Droid X was announced, I'm now a bit 50/50. I just wished it was released before the 20th since that's when my bill cycle ends, but whatever. Also, the pre-loaded apps on the Droid X is more useful to me then the ones coming with the Vibrant.

One more thing, the accessories that comes with the phones is a plus for me with the Droid X. So, if T-Mobile is going to release similar accessories with the Vibrant(mainly dock and car mount) then it's going to be a tough choice for me.

Upvote 0
I was going to get it for sure, but after the Droid X was announced, I'm now a bit 50/50. I just wished it was released before the 20th since that's when my bill cycle ends, but whatever. Also, the pre-loaded apps on the Droid X is more useful to me then the ones coming with the Vibrant.

One more thing, the accessories that comes with the phones is a plus for me with the Droid X. So, if T-Mobile is going to release similar accessories with the Vibrant(mainly dock and car mount) then it's going to be a tough choice for me.

im pretty sure the accessories are a givnen being that the samsung vibrant/galxy s will be cross carrier. im sure the connections will be the same

Upvote 0
It is both exciting and dissapointing. The deivce lacks:

True HSPA+ hardware
A front facing camera
Bluetooth 3.0. :) (not that many or any other phones do, but I'm power hungry)
Abundant ram/rom (again power hungry here)

My choices were the galaxy-s or the dell streak. I guess I play the waiting game longer.

there is no comparison.... vibrant>dell streak hands down. Nexus doesnt have true HSPA+ capability but i still get 4500 to 5000 download and .80 upload speeds. BLAZING

Upvote 0
im pretty sure the accessories are a givnen being that the samsung vibrant/galxy s will be cross carrier. im sure the connections will be the same

I'm not worry about the connection. It's the dimensions of each phone. The design is a bit different besides the Vibrant/Fascinate. Also, just because it's going to be launched on all major carriers doesn't mean it will be backed up with loads of accessories. Only time will tell though.

Upvote 0
I'm not worry about the connection. It's the dimensions of each phone. The design is a bit different besides the Vibrant/Fascinate. Also, just because it's going to be launched on all major carriers doesn't mean it will be backed up with loads of accessories. Only time will tell though.

More of a market share means more of a chance. The nexus which is not as highly distributed as the galaxy will be. Probably the most poorly distributed powerhouse phone ever. But yet you can type Nexus one accessories into ebay search and a ton of products will come up

Upvote 0
More of a market share means more of a chance. The nexus which is not as highly distributed as the galaxy will be. Probably the most poorly distributed powerhouse phone ever. But yet you can type Nexus one accessories into ebay search and a ton of products will come up

*notice the bold*

You can do that with practically any phone. I'm talking about good quality docks, cases, and car mount specifically made for the Vibrant that charges and has aux plug. I somehow doubt there will be a car mount for this device; and no, not talking about the crappy ebay ones that come from China. Like I said before, only time will tell. Well, hopefully it'll come out with the launch date and not months after.

Yes, I know there is more of a chance of it getting accessories, but chance isn't a word I want to hear. I want to hear "it will" not "high probability." ;)

Upvote 0
More of a market share means more of a chance. The nexus which is not as highly distributed as the galaxy will be. Probably the most poorly distribute

*notice the bold*

You can do that with practically any phone. I'm talking about good quality docks, cases, and car mount specifically made for the Vibrant that charges and has aux plug. I somehow doubt there will be a car mount for this device; and no, not talking about the crappy ebay ones that come from China. Like I said before, only time will tell. Well, hopefully it'll come out with the launch date and not months after.

Yes, I know there is more of a chance of it getting accessories, but chance isn't a word I want to hear. I want to hear "it will" not "high probability." ;)

So you mean oem accessories only.

Sent from space

Upvote 0
excited and disappointed.... i wish t-mobile would have got the Epic instead.. Epic is perfect phone for me... physical QWERTY keyboard, Flash for the camera, front facing camera..... dang... i'm getting depressed now.... i can't leave t-mobile since i work for t-mobile... damn... but i'm still going to get it!!

I'm personally glad it doesn't have a keyboard. No need for it with Swype. Since you work for TMo, have you not got your hands on the Slide? I had it for a week and it seemed Snapdragon-ish with how snappy it was.

Upvote 0
It is both exciting and dissapointing. The deivce lacks:

Bluetooth 3.0. :) (not that many or any other phones do, but I'm power hungry)
Abundant ram/rom (again power hungry here)

My choices were the galaxy-s or the dell streak. I guess I play the waiting game longer.

Ummmm correct me if I'm wrong, but it has bluetooth 3.0, and 512MB of RAM and 16GB of ROM....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones