• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you getting a 1 or 2 year contract?

Um, if that's the case, it's still on their website, and when I get my INC next Thursday, I will print the page and stick it up their a$$ to honor. Too bad; their mistake, my gain :rolleyes:
Wait, it's still showing up for you? I stopped seeing the $229.99 for 1-year contract price for like... 3-4 days now--it says $269.99.

Upvote 0
What do you mean? What your saying is that If I signed a 2 year contract on April 2010, I can upgrade to a new phone on April 2011 and not April 2012? Can you clarify for me. thanks!

Exactly - upgrade April 2011, sign a new 2 year contract that ends April 2013. Upgrade again in 2012, sign a new 2 year contract that ends April 2014 and so on.

It's not a hard choice for me personally, since I've been with Verizon since 1996 and have no desire to change carriers - Verizon has served me well! :)

Upvote 0
Exactly - upgrade April 2011, sign a new 2 year contract that ends April 2013. Upgrade again in 2012, sign a new 2 year contract that ends April 2014 and so on.

It's not a hard choice for me personally, since I've been with Verizon since 1996 and have no desire to change carriers - Verizon has served me well! :)

I signed up for the 1 year and paid the extra $30.

I have never been able to get a new phone at discounted price in 1 year just by signing up for a new 2 year contract. I have asked and tried several times. Even this time for the incredible trying it with my BB Storm which I got on nov 21 2008 so it is 17 months old. It is not eligile for a discounted price until JUly 21 2010. It takes a minimum 20 months to be eligible for the 2 year discounted price on a 2 year contract.

All my phones have been that way. The Primary line is eligible for a NE2 extra discount of $30 when it is due if you have not moved your lines around and caused it to reset.

I guess the exception is if you call and convince them to sorten your contract somehow.

I ended up pre-ordering a phone onmy wifes line and sons line. I will steal my wifes and activate it in place of my Storm. That is the plan. Hope I do not have any issues doing that. Verizon said I could but we will see. If it does not work I will activate on my wifes and then tell them to switch our numbers.

Upvote 0
Apparently it's only 30 dollars more for a 1 year contract for me (229.99). I don't get "annual" upgrades with 2 year contracts either, because I spend only 39.99 on voice and don't qualify for that program. So if I choose 2 year I really need to keep it for 2 years. Should I spend the extra 30?

Edit: Just ordered with one year contract

Upvote 0
If your voice plan is less than 59.99 (not including the data plan) you arent eligible for the annual upgrade with 2 year contracts. I just called a vzw rep and confirmed this.

For me it makes more sense to stick with my 39.99 plan since all of my friends are on verizon and just get the one year contract for $30 more.

Upvote 0
If your voice plan is less than 59.99 (not including the data plan) you arent eligible for the annual upgrade with 2 year contracts. I just called a vzw rep and confirmed this.

For me it makes more sense to stick with my 39.99 plan since all of my friends are on verizon and just get the one year contract for $30 more.

If you have an access cost of $49.99 or higher and have a My Verizon account, yes you are eligible for the annual upgrade.

Nice! Thanks for the info. We're on the lowest family plan and I have the primary line so mine shows up as $60 even. So I'd guess that my line would be eligible and my DH's would not since his is an add on line. Oh well, he's not nearly as interested in getting a new phone as I am. :D So it works out well.

On a related side note...as Google relaunches gizmo5 in the future and voip calling improves on cell phones so that data only plans become more popular, I wonder how this will affect things like early upgrades. It will be interesting to see.

Upvote 0
To get the $99 price, you need to have NE2 + be the primary phone on the contract. I got mine for $99 on the NE2 as primary, but for the non-primary lines they wanted $199 for the NE2

You also should be ordering online at verizon's site because when I called 611 they could not give me the $99 price as a phone order, neither could the store, I was sweetly surprised when ordering online that $99 came up as the price! Made my day!

I got the two year because I have been so impressed with the service we get from Verizon - we have had 611 fix every problem that came up quickly and without hassle, and no long waits on hold. They even have fixed some of our "accidents" in ordering a wrong app - reversed the charges and other stupid things my kids did over the years that led to surprise bills - Verizon always made things right, and if we were inconvenienced they ship us off a charger or case as an apology.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones