• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M8 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$

So, i went into my local AT&T store on the 23rd and looked at ALL the phones. Salesman said "take your time", and i did. After one hour of calling each phone(to check the msg & email LED), and making calls to my aggravated wife, i opted for the Family Plan(10gbs.)+the Next Plan, and i walked out of the store with the LG G2. I hadn't even considered that phone before i went in. IMHO, it's the "best of the bunch" for me. After three days i can say that i'm not sorry at all. Feels great, no glitches, quality build, very fast, and absolutely fantastic battery life. If i start getting software or hardware problems, i will jump back on this forum to let you know. I still have the fourteen day "return option". :)

The G2 is an excellent choice.I'm guessing an "Icing on the Cake",though not necessarily a deciding factor,was the lower price,as the succesor to the G2 is soon to be released,hence the current pricing.

I hope you enjoy the G2 as much as I did mine,it's an excellent phone.
Please drop back in after the 14 day return period for an update. :)

Upvote 0
I work for AT&T and when it comes to people asking for androids I only say good things about the g2 and now the m8 which I have now. Excellent choice. I had a g2 and think it is one of the best androids offered by AT&T. If I can't get a samsung sale to switch to an iphone I direct them to this.

Enjoy your phone. And on next, this phone is an excellent choice

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
I work for AT&T and when it comes to people asking for androids I only say good things about the g2 and now the m8 which I have now. Excellent choice. I had a g2 and think it is one of the best androids offered by AT&T. If I can't get a samsung sale to switch to an iphone I direct them to this.

Enjoy your phone. And on next, this phone is an excellent choice
Sorry but there are several other options for quality android phones other than the g2 and m8. Samsung may not be loved by some but in my opinion is still a solid device. Let's not forget the moto x and nexus (even though not sold in store).

Upvote 0
Bought my Sprint M8 at Best Buy on June 7th. I had signed up for buyback when I bought my LTEvo 2 years ago, program is not available now. Was not expecting a $100 gift card. Sales Reps were surprised as well, not even aware of the promotion.

Walked out with phone and a $40 case for a grand total of $12.48. $140 gift card for buyback + $100 gift card + 20% off accessories coupon = $12.48 out the door!

Seems a $50 gift card is being advertised now, the $100 may have only been June 1-7.

Reactions: Granite1 and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Bought my Sprint M8 at Best Buy on June 7th. I had signed up for buyback when I bought my LTEvo 2 years ago, program is not available now. Was not expecting a $100 gift card. Sales Reps were surprised as well, not even aware of the promotion.

Walked out with phone and a $40 case for a grand total of $12.48. $140 gift card for buyback + $100 gift card + 20% off accessories coupon = $12.48 out the door!

Seems a $50 gift card is being advertised now, the $100 may have only been June 1-7.

Whoa. I got on the buyback with my LTEvo as well.

Calling Best Buy today...

Upvote 0
I compared the H-K Edition to my normally-aspirated M8 side-by-side (as best as could in the SPRINT Store,w/o irking the staff/customers).
There's definitely a difference.

Me likey the color scheme as well.

I thought you might be interested in the MAX as well.
I was quite impressed w/the screen quality/viewing experience on it,considered getting an unlocked MAX,but,for once I used some-self restraint........

........Only to await the M9 Prime. :D

I don't blame you for hanging on to the EVOLTE,only reason I didn't get it instead of the SGS3 when I was on SPRINT was the removable battery.
In hindsight,the EVOLTE was the better phone,shoulda took the S3 back within the return window for it....

Guessing you're still torn on whether to get the M8 or not,even w/the potential great deal from BEST BUY........

Upvote 0
Guessing you're still torn on whether to get the M8 or not,even w/the potential great deal from BEST BUY........

I was waiting to see the upcoming September/October Prime/Plus/whatever but I blew out my left earbud recently. And in addition to the improvement and color scheme, I get new earbuds with the HK.

The only deciding factor for me today will be cost out the door on an unplanned purchase.

Low enough and I'm done waiting to see what else is coming. :)

Boomsound, Duo Camera, HTC software, unlockable bootloader - plus gold tinted grills peaking out from the red case I've chosen AND new earbuds?

Forget about it, they had me at Boomsound.

C'mon Best Buy, cut me a deal!

Upvote 0
I was waiting to see the upcoming September/October Prime/Plus/whatever but I blew out my left earbud recently. And in addition to the improvement and color scheme, I get new earbuds with the HK.

The only deciding factor for me today will be cost out the door on an unplanned purchase.

C'mon Best Buy, cut me a deal!

Might as well take advantage of any perks remaining for the old Buy-Back program.
I made out like a bandit on two occasions while it still existed (PHOTON>S3,which was a FREE warranty replacement/upgrade & S3>M7).

I suspected the Buy-Back days (as it used to be) were numbered,too good of a deal,ditto on the old GEEK SQUAD coverage.

Keep us posted.:)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Might as well take advantage of any perks remaining for the old Buy-Back program.
I made out like a bandit on two occasions while it still existed (PHOTON>S3,which was a FREE warranty replacement/upgrade & S3>M7).

I suspected the Buy-Back days (as it used to be) were numbered,too good of a deal,ditto on the old GEEK SQUAD coverage.

Keep us posted.:)

No HKs in stock, refusing to quote on the Buy Back unless they see it, and my LTEvo was really only worth $20 in trade.

Until I said I still have my receipt with the buyback number on it. .

On my way to the store.

Planning to order the HK if they're square with me.

Upvote 0
With the HK mod using a Sprint phone..Side by Side to the HK, I could not see a difference in audio quality. The nice thing about the HK version and the HK mod, is that they work with bluetooth headphones. Boomsound only works on speaker and "wired" headphones after the Sprint update a few weeks ago.

Either phone is a win. Personally I am not into the Prime. I set my phone limit to 5".

Upvote 0
With the HK mod using a Sprint phone..Side by Side to the HK, I could not see a difference in audio quality. The nice thing about the HK version and the HK mod, is that they work with bluetooth headphones. Boomsound only works on speaker and "wired" headphones after the Sprint update a few weeks ago.

Either phone is a win. Personally I am not into the Prime. I set my phone limit to 5".

And the HK flash is still very much a valid option (and thanks btw!).

But - wired earbuds included at better than half off of retail. :)

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
No HKs in stock, refusing to quote on the Buy Back unless they see it, and my LTEvo was really only worth $20 in trade.

Until I said I still have my receipt with the buyback number on it. .

On my way to the store.

Planning to order the HK if they're square with me.

Hopefully they're as cool w/you as they've been w/me.
That goes for all purchases I've made w/BB.
Can't beat the price matching.......

Upvote 0
The stock M8 comes with ear buds, but I'm not too impressed with them. I got a pair of marshmallow buds that act like earplugs. Really good sound for $20 in my opinion. Plus they act as ear protection while I do my woodworking. Nice combo. :)

I tried to complain to Sprint about the H/K edition dropping so soon after I got mine. Wouldn't let me swap it. I even offered to pay for any shipping and restocking fees. No go. :(

Upvote 0
What a comedy.

So - my LTEvo - $140 on the buyback (I walked out the store originally with it for $50).

No other gift cards.

No HKs at any of the stores in state - plenty in the warehouse.

To get from warehouse, I had to buy it. Either for the full $230 - or - trade my phone today, wait for 5 days without my phone, and take one of their loaners discounted to me for a $25 deposit.

After explaining that they were losing a customer, the manager finally asked - what's with the HK version.

"$80 HK headset for the extra $30 and I need a new headset. So, I'll take the basic M8, and you lost $30, an opportunity to move inventory that you're not, and a customer."

"I don't carry HK headphones. How about these $100 Bose for $40?"

So - out a lot more today than I wanted - and despite we all know the Bose are overpriced, I figured so were the HKs and how could I go way wrong (other than waiting until next Sunday to see if they had a better deal)?

So - Gold M8 + Bose ie2 + tax = $116.78 out the door.

More bloat than I've seen since 2010.

Listening to the theme song for Cowboy Bebop off of these great Boomsound speakers while I type this - and preparing to root, root like the wind lol.

I don't know what the reception problem is that others have complained about elsewhere.

I'm getting great 3G indoors, better signal at my desk (in numbers, not just bars) and GPS knows right where I am inside the house.

Upvote 0
Yay EarlyMon!
I thought the H/K edition was exclusive to Sprint stores. Maybe that was a timed exclusive? Or possibly since Best Buy does fulfillment for HTC.com in the U.S., there is an in road there?

Looking at it on the Best Buy website, and there are none available in my neck of the woods either...and the Headquarters are here in town...

My RMA microSD card arrived yesterday. I've been putting off rooting until I got that sorted. I'll be tackling that pretty quick here as well

Upvote 0

Are you insane? :eek:

No way would I order that. :mad:

I ordered the red one.

71TTjKf23TL._SL1319_.jpg

61QQDuVIV8L._SL1316_.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones