• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M8 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$

I have a feeling that the M8 will see lots of attention. It's HTC's flagship for 2014 Just like the One for 2013. They are striving to keep their share of the market and if not... to increase it. I think they will be all over taking care that they are creating and keeping their customers. Updates.. support... I think this phone will be on top of their list.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Yea I have just been spoiled by the DNA. A year and a half and no issues with wireless charging at all. Love it.

Going back to having to mess with using a cord to charge would be like going back to a corded home phone. Going backwards in my humble opinion.

I look forward to the day they charge via energy from the air. I know they are working on such tech. That would be awesome not to even have to worry about it. ;)

Upvote 0
I've had 5 HTC phone's in succession, currently have a One. I'm not a fan of Samsung due to the build quality and feel of their S devices. So for me it's either the new One or Sony Z2. Either way it will be a sim free device. One reservation I have about going with Sony is they're not the quickest at updating to the latest software, esp with the device being sim free I'd want the latest updates asap. Both have a SD card slot which is good. Wireless charging would probably sway my if one or both are capable of it...

Upvote 0
Yea I have just been spoiled by the DNA. A year and a half and no issues with wireless charging at all. Love it.

Going back to having to mess with using a cord to charge would be like going back to a corded home phone. Going backwards in my humble opinion.

I look forward to the day they charge via energy from the air. I know they are working on such tech. That would be awesome not to even have to worry about it. ;)

I have no idea what's gone South with my inductive charging. The first problem I had was noticed after the the major OTA the Rezound got. From that point on, it would not charge via the usb / data charge cable unless you removed the back. Being as it was a rare time that I needed to bump charge from my truck.. it wasn't a big deal. Then one day about two months ago it just quit charging. I replaced the battery but that didn't fix a thing. I took the back off and tried charging with the cable and it charged.. no problem. I then tried the wireless again but it just wouldn't charge. The phone was hot and if anything it drained instead of charging. Cleaned all connections between back and phone.. nothing worked. Perhaps a factory reset would fix it. I'm ready for a new phone. If I'm going to hassle with setting up my phone again, it's going to be the M8 :)

Upvote 0
I've had 5 HTC phone's in succession, currently have a One. I'm not a fan of Samsung due to the build quality and feel of their S devices. So for me it's either the new One or Sony Z2. Either way it will be a sim free device. One reservation I have about going with Sony is they're not the quickest at updating to the latest software, esp with the device being sim free I'd want the latest updates asap. Both have a SD card slot which is good. Wireless charging would probably sway my if one or both are capable of it...

I saw the Sony phone. It is a shiny reflective plastic? phone. A fingerprint magnet.

Upvote 0
Either way it will be a sim free device. One reservation I have about going with Sony is they're not the quickest at updating to the latest software, esp with the device being sim free I'd want the latest updates asap.

They're not that bad actually, the Z1, Compact & Ultra are getting KitKat at the moment and their older handsets are set to get it soon.

I saw the Sony phone. It is a shiny reflective plastic? phone. A fingerprint magnet.

It's glass and aluminium I think.

Upvote 0
Here is the link for the live stream of the M8 announcement. #HTCOneUp HTC Launch | HTC United States
March 25th, 10 AM Central time.
Catch the announcement live and be the first to know the details and features that we've all been excited about.

Going to copy this to the first post if you don't mind!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones