• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M8 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$

I got to hold an M8 dummy phone today, still haven't found a working model to mess with. The metal body is pretty cool, but I wonder if it's going to affect signal strength?

Still waiting to see if I want to upgrade to this or not, on the fence.

In my experience so far it doesn't. I get the same reception as I did with my plastic bodied EVO. My only suggestion is to get a case right away.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Amazon Sprint $149.99 with upgrade 2 year renewal. Coming from 4G LTE. It'll be here Thursday. Played with one at the Sprint store for a while. Really like the red M7.side by side, the camera on the 7 looked better under some store conditions. Sound on the M7 is easier to hear, the bass is enhanced more.I want the best battery, fastest processor.m8 build details are nicer. M7 is no bad either.cannot wait until the m11. Will there be HTC in 2016?

Reactions: sikclown
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I finally got my hands around the M8 today. I was very impressed. I was killing time while waiting on some meds to be filled down the street from my local Verizon outlet.
With a little luck, I'll be bringing one home with me Friday. I watched a couple of movie trailers and took some pics. Basically just played while the salesman talked it up. It's a sweet machine. I can't wait until I make it mine.

Upvote 0
WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS GGearX! :party:

If you are on VZW,it's available for order now.The only other carrier (in the US) to have it in Glacial Silver is AT&T (via BEST BUY),currently listed as COMING SOON.

As for retail availability outside of VZW, Friday (4/11/14) is the date all carriers/BEST BUY is set for in-store availability.

No official word yet on the date for Glacial Silver Model for AT&T though.

Upvote 0
There is a red M8 coming(credible rumour).

One of the original leaks that went around was a gun metal Blue handset/back panel, I wonder what ever happened with that color...

When I looked at the M8 display at Verizon I thought the darker gray accents were ok, but the back panel was still too light of a color aluminum for my liking. I need some more solid info on the time frame of the possible Black model :(

HTC ad reveals plans for Stealth Black, Stealth Red HTC One (M8) | HTC Source (simulated photo)

Breaking: Sprint To Get Harman Kardon Audio Special Edition HTC One M8
Sprint To Get Harman/Kardon Audio Special Edition HTC One M8 | Androidheadlines.com

Here is some interesting speculation from an alleged Sprint employee (he seems pretty real from the nature of his other posts)...
Sprint Special Edition Harman/Kardon M8 - xda-developers
The current phones have been set up with H/K (software? hardware?), but Sprint is waiting for a later date to give an official press release????

I've been hoping/planning to go get the phone Friday/Sat. when it is officially available in Sprint stores (online sales burned me last year), but have been awaiting a Black version since the One Max. Between the continuing rumor or false hope of a Black version, possible H/K edition, and display lottery, I find myself pumping the brakes again.

Upvote 0
So far I love the Gunmetal Grey over all the others but I like the variety.

Same here,even more so than the standard Glacial Silver from last year.

Funnt thing:
Last year,I was a bit peeved at the lack of color options last year w/T-MOBILE,thought the BLUE woulda been nice.
But,after seeing it up close,I thought otherwise,Not that it looked bad,but,I'd grown weary of such a brightly-colored phone.

Totally diggin' the GUNMETAL GRAY.:)

BLACK would be equally cool,but,I've already had quite a few phones in that shade already.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones