• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M9 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$- U.S. release April 10

What color will you get or are you waiting for a "Max"version

• Gunmetal Grey

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Silver and Gold

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Passion Pink (yeah I took some creative license)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Waiting for the Max version

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Meh...Not impressed-looking at something else!

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Upvote 0
VZW gets a bad rep/rap for a lot of things,as do the other carriers to varying degrees.
What is it that's grinding your gears?
It's just me being a as***** when I go into a Verizon store anymore the sales people jump on you like flies on a turd and pretty much tell you they have two phones that you need, and it's a I-phone or a Samsung phone and to some extent the Droid line. At the corporate store I go to this is all they seem to be stocking now even if they do have a display for other phones they are not keeping stock on them. When I go to a store to buy something I want to leave with it.If I wanted it ordered for me I would of did that in the first place sitting on my butt at home. Also it seems Verizon has taken away how to check store stock on line. Proly me as I first stated being a as*****

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I also have a developer edition on T-Mobile, and have confirmed that I have received both LTE and HSPA signals thus far. The T-Mobile visual voicemail app did download from play store successfully, but I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet.

Just for giggles,thought I'd try something out:
On the Developer Edition,I've TWRP'ed/rooted/S-Off & installed VIPER ROM 1.2.0
During installation,I opted for the T-Mobile tweaks,which included WI-FI Calling in the settings.
It was worth a shot,but,the settings do not stick & (at least for the moment),WI-FI Calling on the Developer Edition is a No-Go.
Not a deal breaker by any means,or,I would have got the T-Mobile version.:thumbsupdroid:
Still packing all the other VIPER goodies,hope to see more of the familiar faces load up soon:

teamVENOM_OP_m9.png

Upvote 0
It's just me being a as***** when I go into a Verizon store anymore the sales people jump on you like flies on a turd and pretty much tell you they have two phones that you need, and it's a I-phone or a Samsung phone and to some extent the Droid line. At the corporate store I go to this is all they seem to be stocking now even if they do have a display for other phones they are not keeping stock on them.
You may not be being paranoid: some manufacturers spend a lot of money on incentives to promote their phones (e.g. special pricing on the next batch if you hit a sales target), and store staff are widely reported to receive instructions or incentives to push certain models. Samsung famously spend more on marketing their phones than anyone else - I read a couple of years ago that their marketing budget was larger than many of their competitors' turn-overs - so I would not be at all surprised to learn that some stores are heavily geared to promote certain phones.

I personally go in with a clear idea of what I want to look at and don't give anyone an opportunity to suggest alternatives. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones