1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Are you going without a case? If so, how does the Rezound hold up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PaulQ, Apr 25, 2012.

1. PaulQ

PaulQ Newbie
    None

May 25, 2011
    I'm thinking about going caseless but I don't know how the Rezound holds up in everyday use. Can anyone comment?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Male
    What's your definition of holds up? The phone is very solid and holds up as well any phone I've had without a case. I've used without a case for a few months with no issue but did recently put the Otterbox Commuter on for extra protection. Guess it depends on how much abuse you expect to inflict :)

3. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    I always have a case on every phone I've had. Just protecting my investment.

4. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I went naked for about a month then got the verizon case. I love it. It adds just the right amount of security and makes the phone more sticky in my hand which for me feels more ergonomic.

In my shirt pocket it adds some friction to keep it in my pocket. Also i did drop it and the case absorbed the shock. So I will highly recommend a case.

5. PaulQ

PaulQ Newbie
    None

May 25, 2011
    Sounds like keeping the case is probably best. I just thought I could make it a bit thinner and lighter... I mean, for a Rezound.

6. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I have never cased a phone. My work is of a physical nature and have only destroyed one phone in many years of residing in my front pocket. Nothing shares that pocket but over time all of my phones show the evidence of walking every step of every day with me. I would not have it different.. but it's impossible to keep a phone pristine without protection.

7. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    Extended battery case back is excellent. Needs to be stout with the extra battery weight. No marring our scratches. Standard back is flimsy in comparison.

8. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Haven't had the phone a month, but it's holding up great so far. I like how the back case is rubberized, seems more durable than a painted plastic case. I always keep my phones in the cupholder in the car and the bottom back edge wears through pretty quickly on all of them. I think the Rezound will hold up much better.

I'm just avoiding cases because I don't want to add any more bulk to the phone. Might get a Casemate 'barely there' case though, they are super thin. Need a screen protector too...

9. ac29593

ac29593 Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2010
    I would use the case if not using the extended battery...no reason not to, its not that bulky.

I have always used a case on my phone, got the extended battery for the Rezound along with the silicone Verizon case. The phone was a complete beast in size, more due to the case rather than the extended back with bulky battery. Was just too much, and my phone is naked now.

I have had no problems at all, although I havent dropped it yet. The extended battery back door is pretty well made. I'm keeping the case in a drawer for when this phone gets passed down to my wife...she finds a way to break anything. Lol.

10. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Houston
    I've kept mine mostly caseless since I picked it up shortly after the release. I do have a case that I use when I travel becuase it has a built in stand. But that is the only reason (the kick-stand). I really miss the bult in kick-stand on the TB.

The Rezound is a great looking and feeling phone - no reason to cover it up IMHO.

FWIW
    DLM

11. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    I go caseless too because it's a hot-looking and hot 4G LTHEAT phone!!!
    In 4 days time it'll be 5 months old... still looks new except for a tiny nick on the side.
    I dump the phone everywhere like normal ... don't have to baby it... i want it beaten up so that it's easier to get an approval to upgrade later ha ha.
    Mine has a screen protector that the v-store guy stuck on. Normally it's in the leather/belt pouch thing though.
    bye.

12. tspangle88

tspangle88 Member
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    I hate cases, but I use them to protect my investment, as well. Some time down the road when the new hotness comes out, I'm going to want to sell my Rezound, and the better shape it's in, the more I'll get for it.

My current fave is the Case-Mate Barely There, it seems to be the thinnest, least obtrusive case I've found: HTC Rezound Case-Mate Barely There (Black)

13. CaptainMorgan1

None

Jan 3, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    I go caseless with screen protector. Have the extended battery and carry the phone in my front pants pocket. I've had the phone since January and it is holding up great!

14. am_beagle

am_beagle Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2010
    Journalist
    MD, USA
    Three months and no case. I bought some and just don't like to add more bulk to the already heavy and thick phone. It's almost new now and if needed, the back is just $17.00 to replace.

15. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I really like how the Rezound feels in my hand without a case.

That being said I always have it in a case.

I've dropped my old caseless Inc1 at about a 3.5 feet fall and cracked the gorilla glass. It was awful. Don't want this to happen to my Rezound. I'm too clumsy to not have a case.

16. esn

esn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    No case here from day 1 and so far no issues. I do use a screen protector that's it. I pay for insurance so no need to wrap it up with anything.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

17. erniehjr

erniehjr Lurker
    None

Apr 8, 2012
    Went caseless one day. Worried too much.

Anyone have a good case suggestion for the extended battery?

18. Dmark44

Dmark44 Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    I go case-less most of the time. Especially goign to/from work. Ive got the desk dock at my desk and you cant use a case with it. I always have a screen protector on all of my devices. I do have a case for times I worry about it... like when I take it to workout, or I know I'm going take lots of pictures with it.

My case is the qubits TPU S-Curve case on Amazon. It adds minimal bulk. The front lip sticks out no more than the ridge on the phone that surrounds the screen. Looks great and has a textured sides for a good grip. Well worth the $5 they're asking for it. It's no otter box, but it will absorb the impact of a normal fall and prevent scratches.

Amazon.com: HTC REZOUND SOLID BLACK "S" CURVE TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Cell Phones & Accessories

19. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California

20. matt.burns21

matt.burns21 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    SQL Server DBA
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am case-less on my ReZound with just a screen protector and I love the feel of it. I can't stand cases because of the bulk of most of them.

Like someone else said as well, I have insurance that I pay on monthly, so really no need to worry about a case.

21. Dmark44

Dmark44 Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010

22. Amaroth

Amaroth Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Hilo, HI
    every case I bought for my phones either broke, or I never used them because they wouldnt fit in my car dock.
    So far since I have had the rezound I have not yet gotten a case. I havent dropped it either which is a miracle. I dropped my droid 3 like 2 days after I got it and dropped it so many times more after that. I guess I'm really trying to be careful with the rezound, and it helps that it is lighter.
    I've been looking towards the kraken case mod to use with an extended battery because I need to get that battery soon (and i didnt really like the extended battery door)

23. ladius

ladius Newbie
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    No case for me either, just a screen protector. I carry it in my front pocket so need it to be as slim as possible. Had the phone for six months now, does have some marring on the back but the way I look at it, it's a device to be used and I don't mind it looking so.

by the way, don't get the screen protector they sell at the Verizon store, it has this matte look that makes it hard to see the screen in daylight.

24. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    No case or screen protector for me. I've gone completely naked with my Eris, Bionic, and now my Rezound. So far, so good.

25. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    you have no fear ?? :)

Tags: