• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Are you having the reboot problem?

Are you having random reboot problems with your evo?

• yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Mine Is stock. I would go over my problem but there is a bazillion page thread just below this one all about it. I just wondered how wide spread the problem was.

at least providing a link to the thread you are referring to might help some understand what you are referring to.

Honestly you have given no details whatsoever to what your actual problem is.

I would also think that if there were a bazillion page thread on the issue...that that should give you a pretty good idea of how many people are having the issue.

just my .02

and for the record...rooted...and no random reboot issues.

shortly after the 2.2 stock update HTC sense would forceclose and restartd/soft reset. Never a reboot.

Upvote 0
I wasn't looking for help fixing it as there have been a ton of us bouncing ideas off of each other for months and there does not seem to be a fix for it. Again I was just wanting to see how wide spread this is as basically everyone posting in that post had the problem which made it look like the majority of the phones had the issue. They are offering to swap my phone but I wasn't going to bother if there was a slim chance that the new one wouldn't work either. Others have swapped them and I think most of the people who did had the same problem occur. Here is the link to the thread:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/96897-evo-rebooting-its-own.html

Upvote 0
my phone reboots everyday, mostly when I am in the android marketplace, went to sprint 4 times, they did hard reset 2 times, and another reset another time, same problem, they told me they can not give me replacement phone because its rebooting when I am involved in a game or app, and that since its open source, she said they can not help with that, only if its happening specifically with a sprint app, my question is, if I root it, will that help, I never rooted this phone before, so I am asking, otherwise its time for a new phone, the games it rebooted are: atomic bomber, homerunbatle 3d, ibasket, heres what I do not get, why does hyperjump work, and who wants to be a millionaire work? these games I never had a problem with before up until this month, and now while dloading multiple games from the market, it rebooted again, and rebooted yesterday while browsing the internet with my bookmarks, can anyone help me understand whats wrong?

Upvote 0
I had the problem when I was rooted with stock 2.1. However it was so rare that it barely irritated me. I could see it driving me nuts if it was frequent. I did however have a bunch of other problems that I haven't seen since. I could see it driving me nuts if it was frequent.

I recently rerooted and installed the latest fresh ROM. I haven't had the problem since. I think you should try rooting and installing a new ROM. Even just reinstalling the same stock ROM you're on may make a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones