1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Are you jumping from Thunderbolt to Atrix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 2003vstrom, Feb 19, 2011.

1. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Male
    Electrical engineer
    coldwater,mi
    I`m just curious who jumped from the Thunderbolt to the Atrix? I did because all of the crap that going on with the launch date for the TB and now I have the Atrix is on it way before the TB :D bye bye Verizon:D

Advertisement

2. jrm390

jrm390 Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    I've got both of them preordered. If the Atrix doesn't give me some good data speeds, it's getting returned and I'll get the TB.

3. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    Waiting an extra week too hard for LTE speeds, HTC Sense 2.0, unlocked bootloader, NetFlix & Skype, 1 year contract, and did I mention LTE speeds? lulz

4. rad204

rad204 Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    will those apps be available to all android phones?

5. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011

LTE isn't available everywhere and won't be until the end of 2013. It IS available where I live, but the network is very spotty and their CS is terrible....lulz :rolleyes:

6. Left Coast DJ

None

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    Video enabled Skype probably will be available for download soon for all phones. However, my understanding is that NetFlix will be hardware accelerated and optimized for individual processors. The first of those processors will be Snapdragon. So the Thunderbolt will have it enabled at initial release or soon thereafter.

I think if you live in BFE, you'll have to wait until 2013 for Verizon LTE. But most metropolitan areas already have LTE (see linky). And people have already reported faster-than-cable-modem speeds on their Verizon LTE cards. Obviously, these speeds will drop as more people start coming aboard Verizon. But I think it'll still be faster than what's been reported on the Atrix reviews. And if you believe the stories about the Atrix showing 4G (HSPA+) connected but getting only 1.5 download speeds because AT&T forgot to turn-on their "backhaul", then I have a bridge I want to sell you too... LULZ :D

Edited to include Verizon LTE coverage link.

7. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    I don't live in a large metropolitan area and LTE is available, like I said already. However, my experience (and others I know) with Verizon was/has been awful.

Point is, it's not a matter of "not being able to wait 2 weeks", it's a matter of I want the Atrix and I want nothing to do with Verizon at this time.

On the phone side of it, I don't think I want a phone of its size. Battery capacity worries me, especially having to power a larger screen..speaking of the screen...larger and lower resolution (than the Atrix) doesn't make me jump for joy either.

The Atrix has it's cons as well....but hey, the beauty of having choices, right?

8. Left Coast DJ

None

Jan 24, 2011
    Southern California
    I agree with you sir. At the end of the day, everyone's experience is different and having choices is what makes the Android platform so great! I'd love to have a 4" phone instead of a 4.3 and the Tegra 2. However, I'm on a wait and see mode right now to see how the two phones pan out once released.

9. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    What's this "wait and see" you speak of?! haha

I've been due for over a month and NEED an upgrade, so I'm going to pick up the Atrix and give it a test run.

10. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Male
    Electrical engineer
    coldwater,mi
    yeah well My wife still has the ATT account thats in my name she gets the 24% discount on the monthly bill and I have too use a network extender at work for my Verizon phones too work and and I`m tired of all the crap with Verizon and I had just found out today they Tired to put me into a 1 year contract with out my consent those SOB`s so I had to call this Morning and tell then I shouldn`t be on a contract with them, so they were nice of enough to change my account status, that I have no contract with them:rolleyes: and like I said before my phone will be at the ATT store where I just preordered on thursday, it will be there on monday:D