• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you planning on buying the Incredible HD/Vigor/Rezound?

Again, this is coming from a place where I have no real knowledge but is the material that the case is made out of on the TB better than rubber/plastic? I thought I read back when that it is a alloy or metal plastic mix or something. And the speaker on the TB seems to be bigger than the one on the Vigor. Again, just wondering cause I'm dying for as much info on this baby as possible. Again, thanks for the input.

I'd like to comment on the speaker debate. If you look real closely on your TB, you'll see that the speaker grill is mostly cosmetic. The only area where sound actually comes out of is on the very right side (if looking at the back). Especially in bright light, you can make out two holes vertically stacked behind the "grill".

So, it almost appears that the Vigor has a larger speaker surface area than the TB does!

(typo earlier, I meant RIGHT side of the phone, not LEFT.)

Upvote 0
And compared to the Incredible?

I'd like to comment on the speaker debate. If you look real closely on your TB, you'll see that the speaker grill is mostly cosmetic. The only area where sound actually comes out of is on the very left side (if looking at the back). Especially in bright light, you can make out two holes vertically stacked behind the "grill".

So, it almost appears that the Vigor has a larger speaker surface area than the TB does!

Upvote 0
And compared to the Incredible?

I would say it's pretty darn close. The Vigor speaker area seems a bit longer than the Incredible, but the Incredible has a bit fatter area and no bit of plastic every few milimeters.

Picture for reference ;)
incredible6009-1271650990.jpg

Upvote 0
You know what? The more I see pictures, the more hesitant I get. See the back cover, volume and power buttons? They look cheap and flimsy like the thunderbolt and incredible.

Pretty sure the bolt has the worse volume and power buttons of any recent smartphone.

I haven't had a problem with my Incredible or my Thunderbolt feeling flimsy or cheap on any of the buttons. I don't like the position of the power button on my Thunderbolt, but other than that I have no complaints.

And as far as the people fearing the "plastic" on these HTC phones... go pick up a Droid Charge, that thing feels fake. Like a toy. It's a decent enough phone, but with both of those HTC phones (Incredible and Thunderbolt), you feel a bit of heft and while it may not be metal (like the OG Droid), it is plenty sturdy. Fear not! This phone will be solid.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I would say it's pretty darn close. The Vigor speaker area seems a bit longer than the Incredible, but the Incredible has a bit fatter area and no bit of plastic every few milimeters.

Picture for reference ;)
incredible6009-1271650990.jpg

You know what I like about that.. the contour of the phone's back keeps the speaker port from being easily muffled by a surface or a hand.. I think that makes more of a difference than any size difference in speaker or grill..

Upvote 0
I haven't had a problem with my Incredible or my Thunderbolt feeling flimsy or cheap on any of the buttons. I don't like the position of the power button on my Thunderbolt, but other than that I have no complaints.

And as far as the people fearing the "plastic" on these HTC phones... go pick up a Droid Charge, that thing feels fake. Like a toy. It's a decent enough phone, but with both of those HTC phones (Incredible and Thunderbolt), you feel a bit of heft and while it may not be metal (like the OG Droid), it is plenty sturdy. Fear not! This phone will be solid.

I've dropped my Incredible several times with no problems what so ever. I have it in an Amzer argyle case which isn't all that thick and the phone has never once been damaged.

Upvote 0
I think the speaker on the Incredible is good, but could be better. I find it to be kind of pitchy and sometimes hard to hear at higher volume levels.

The speaker on my brothers DInc Is loud as hell and although I haven't watched a lot of videos or listened to a lot of music on it is seems like it is pretty decent. The speaker on my Droid X on the other hand sucks a big fat one. Its not very loud, and WTF were they thinking when they put it on the back of the phone?!?! If you're watching videos the sound is going away from you. I have to cup my hand over the back of the phone to redirect the sound towards me.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
Were you not impressed with the Incredible's speaker? I never owned one so I'm not sure what they're like.

Though I have loved all four of my Dincs... the speakers have been the downfall of all of them. I never play tunes unless steamed via bluetooth so... I'm no fan of the Dinc speaker. I am now on the band wagon for the vigor though. I'm officially in line with the rest of you fine people. I'll take my chances with the speaker.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Agree. Now the question is when is Verzion going to release it.? :D

Though I have loved all four of my Dincs... the speakers have been the downfall of all of them. I never play tunes unless steamed via bluetooth so... I'm no fan of the Dinc speaker. I am now on the band wagon for the vigor though. I'm officially in line with the rest of you fine people. I'll take my chances with the speaker.

Upvote 0
Must.Have.New.HTC.phone.NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a "slightly" used TB that's going up for sale soon ;)

As much as I enjoy the Thunderbolt, it just misses the mark enough for me to consider this phone (and hope that HTC has improved on the TB's battery). The biggest issue for me is the battery life.

I don't so much mind the poor audio, the light leak at the bottom of the screen, the kickstand that has a peeling finish, but when I have to charge the phone 2-3 times per day and worry about having enough battery on my phone to last me the day (even when I'm 100% charged and it's mid-afternoon, I still worry about where I can plug in for my next "fix") I find it to be a big problem.

My other problem with the TB is that the screen has started going black (possible short somewhere inside) and I have to physically twist the chassis to get my screen back. I have received 5 refurbs from Verizon in an attempt at exchanging my phone. Each refurb has been in worse shape than the phone I currently have thus I've had to live with the screen going black on this phone. I'll be putting the heat on Verizon in the next couple of days for a good refurb so that I can sell this phone outright and buy the Vigor out of contract.

It would be nice if Verizon can give me an early upgrade but I don't see that happening, but at the same time I need a phone that's going to last me for my 2 year contract.

Upvote 0

I have the first release Inc with the amoled screen and have had no problems with the speaker in fact my phone is rooted running http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/415978-rom-666th-sense-v1-3-9-27-2011-a.html and the dev puts a little tweek in it to make the volume louder. Being in construction it makes it easier to hear. Plus I'm happy with my Inc so I can wait for the Vigor or whatever it will be called. I thought someone said the screen might be bigger than 4.3? The Vigor will be my next phone.:D

Upvote 0
Bigger than 4.3"?

169639-vigorspecs.jpg

I have the first release Inc with the amoled screen and have had no problems with the speaker in fact my phone is rooted running http://androidforums.com/incredible-roms/415978-rom-666th-sense-v1-3-9-27-2011-a.html and the dev puts a little tweek in it to make the volume louder. Being in construction it makes it easier to hear. Plus I'm happy with my Inc so I can wait for the Vigor or whatever it will be called. I thought someone said the screen might be bigger than 4.3? The Vigor will be my next phone.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones