• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

are you regret it after buying x10 mini pro?

Can I just chip in that for noobs a bit scared of changing their launcher (I was that soldier!!), it couldn't be easier than by also downloading Home Switcher app. It lets you choose any of the launchers you have on your phone and set it as default so if you don't get on with one you can easily flick back to your stock one. Took all the worry out of it for me.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thanks, got it working now.

So far very impressed with the mini pro. Navigation works with programs like navigon. Didn't see it use any data to fix on satellites. Apndroid on, and checked with 3g watchdog.

The bluetooth paired easily with the car stereo, this was the thing i was worried about since i couldn't test it beforehand.

Upvote 0
Oh glad you are sorted John. I was very tempted by the mini pro but being a typical woman I just couldn't wait the extra couple of months to get one. Had a good play with a mini at the time I got my big one and I did like it but only Vodafone had it in UK and got amazing upgrade deal from T-mo for biggun so couldn't turn it down.

The nav is great played through my stereo (wired... got an mp3/headphone wire type input - can't think of the proper name!) and runs with my music from phone playing in background. Does eat battery a bit tho and gets phone a bit hot. Not used it masses but helped us out when we got a bit geographially misplaced by a diversion that then petered out.

Anyway... I wish you and your new phone a long and happy life together!

Upvote 0
I must say I am a bit regretful. A major gripe is the inability for an alarm to fire when the phone is switched off. However it turns out Iphone cannot do that either. Dumb.

Other than that, phone feels snappy, but the software just not fully finished yet... I literally uncover new bugs every day. Hope Android 2.1 will fix some of this.

So so far it's a reasonable computing-PDA but a pretty bad business phone.

Upvote 0
Had it just 2 hours! Not impressed really, the screen quality isn't great, the ergonomics are clunky, the wifi is below average sensitivity.

Dont get me started on the useless preinstalled apps that you cant delete!

Screen became very grubby very quickly.

Straight out of the box the battery was completely flat which I thought was unusual (usually they have some juice in them, enough to power up the phone and tell you to charge it!), plugged the charger in and it came to life so I could set it up etc.

Now 2 hours on and it just sits there showing a red light! I have taken my SIM out and put it back in my old phone. The X10 shows a red light as soon as I put the battery in, other than that completely dead!

It's going back to Phones4U for a refund tomorrow!

Upvote 0
The thing is it was working then stopped and just shows the red light! I popped the battery out and measured it with a DVM (I am an electronics design engineer) and it is fine, tried it on a 200mA load as well, no problem, maintained 3.7V on load so the phone has a fault!

I don't have grubby fingers! The fact is some screen materials are better than others when it comes to picking up finger prints and the X10 is not one of the better ones IMHO.

At

Upvote 0
Got this for my wife, and personally, i like it. She doesn't however, thinks the screen is too small, and not so easy to use (she is no power user ;). My only problems with it are, somewhat insensitive display, outdated android version (update coming), and there could be more widgets available. The screen quality could also be a tad crisper (probably just a matter of being used to the HTC desire, which has an amazing screen). That aside, this phone packs EVERYTHING, at a reasonable price.

Update: Forgot to add, the alarm clock seems to live it's own life, and ring only when it feels like it :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones