• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root are you rooted and using skype video calls??

I have never been able to get Skype to work properly with my EVO... I'm rooted running recharged and more freedom now... When I use stock Skype (now that my 4G should be supported) or back with the patched apk before the market version had support I cannot get skype video calling to work... While ringing it shows my video feed but when it gets answered it goes to showeing her picture (only one person I want to Skype with and she uses her macbook if that makes a difference??) Maybe since I'm using a ported sense 3.0 ROM the video feed doesnt work?

Anyone know any fixes? Or if u are rooted and use Skype what rom does it work with for you? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Works fine for me on MikG 2.5, and i think i used it on MIUI also. I make video calls over 3G to a desktop on wifi. No lag, clear audio/video, etc. I'm still using the hacked apk though, not the one from the market. The version i'm using kills the Skype process when you exit so it doesn't take up any resources when not in use (that was the description anyways).

Upvote 0
I think it may've been on XDA that i found all the different versions at the time i downloaded mine, but i'm not finding that thread again (or it's deep within a meaningless babble of posts on there). Anywho, i just came across this new version that has a no autorun capability and supports portrait mode also. If you try it out, let us know how/if it works on the Evo?

xda-developers - View Single Post - Skype 2.1.0.46 (v11) / fixes, extra features & more!

I went ahead and uploaded the apk that i'm using to my dropbox here, if all else fails. I haven't had an issue with it yet, and i downloaded it quite a few ROMs ago (earlier in the year)

http://db.tt/H9eGgnD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones