• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you using a diff camera app?

YankeeDudeL

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2009
My camera is stuck in the Negative Mode setting. I can't swipe from the left to pull out the camera options and the menu softkey doesn't bring up anything either.

I didn't notice this till about after a week or so using LFYv1.71. However, it seems that I am the only one using that ROM that's experienced this prob. Truth is, it could have been like that a while. I have a great 15mp camera, so I rarely need to use the mediocre-at-best 5mp camera on the Droid. But when I wanted to take a pic without the good one at my disposal, I found my prob.

While I'm searching for a fix to this it made me wonder, "Are there replacement camera apps, much like there are for the browser and messaging apps?" Well, of course there are. Many, in fact. Most seem to be paid apps, but if it's a truly better option, just might be worth it.

So what camera apps are you guys using, or could you recommend one?

I use Camera360 and occasionally Vignette. I'm really disappointed at how slow they are though. Once you take a photo that has any kind of effect, it takes a long time to process and save. I recently found CameraPro which works smoothly and has a nice interface for adjusting the brightness and contrast of any image after you take the picture. The problem with this one is that it won't save at full resolution if you make any kind of edits.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones