1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Area Code choice?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AnotherFatalEpic, Feb 1, 2010.

1. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Android Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Was anyone allowed to choose their own area code? I noticed the "Where will you be using your phone primarily?" question... and ignored it. I am wondering if this is where I could have chosen my area code.

I got the e-mail with my phone number and it auto-assigned the area code that corresponds to my zip code. This makes sense and is understandable, however, most of my family is in a different city and I am accustomed to sharing their area code.

I am wondering/hoping if T-mobile would let me change it for free since there was no obvious method of selecting an area code during the phone order process.

Advertisement

2. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Member

Jan 29, 2010
    you should be able to change your number for free with T-Mobile customer service.

3. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Android Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    Update: I called T-Mobile to upgrade my plan to the $99.99 unlimited everything. The guy told me it was $99.99 plus $30 for data, scared the shit out of me, but when I told him I read online that it was $99.99 FLAT he double-checked and said I was right.

As for the area-code thing, I explained how I never had the option to choose and was auto-assigned the area-code for my home address - he told me that it was a $15 dollar charge and there was no way to avoid it. Put me on hold for 5 min to double-check and that yes, there is no way to avoid paying the $15 even though I never got to choose.

I hung up, called back, and told the nice lady who answered that they have assigned me the "wrong" area code. She was more than happy to change it for free.

I know I pretty much answered my own question, but I thought this might be useful to at least one other person out there.

-My thanks to idiotekniQues.

Tags: