1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Area codes and text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mama2zoe, Jul 25, 2010.

1. mama2zoe

mama2zoe New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I've been having an issue with area codes and text messaging. The contact's number is stored properly xxx-xxx-xxxx in the contacts. But when he sends a text, it only shows up as xxx-xxxx, so when I reply, of course, it won't send because Nebraska is now on mandatory 10 digit dialing. So then I have to compose a new message instead of just replying in the current thread.

I had this issue at first, but only with the numbers entered in as (xxx) xxx-xxxx. So I made sure to change every number to xxx-xxx-xxxx and it seemed to fix it for a while at least.

Any help is appreciated. Aside from this issue, I'm loving this phone and Android as a whole.

Advertisement

2. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Michigan
    Did it do that with your last phone because it might just be his carrier/phone not sending the caller id number correctly

3. mama2zoe

mama2zoe New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    We both had iPhones last time and never had issues. Now he has the iPhone 4, and I got the Captivate. I'll try texting someone with a different carrier and see if that happens.

Edit- Just texted someone with Sprint, and their number came over just fine. It's probably an AT&T issue.