• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ARGH Phone keeps rebooting on 2.2

Well for me it was youmail. I went 12 hours without a reboot then installed youmail and it rebooted within 15 minutes.

I would suggest for everybody to just do a triple wipe then install 2.2(i'm using bb v0.1)
When it ask for your gmail info select skip
run it and see if it reboots
if it doesn't go to gmail in your app drawer and put in your gmail info there.
slowly reinstall the apps until you can find the culprit.

*For me I couldn't just load up one of the old 2.2's and uninstall youmail because it still rebooted. I had to do the triple wipe and start from scratch (no apps)

Hopes this helps. Thanks to everyone else that helped me with my problem because 2.2 is so very worth it

Upvote 0
I've been getting random reboots ever since I updated to froyo. It's been happening since the first nandroid backup, the nexfro, and Pete's Bugless Beast

The phone works completly fine and fast but it will just reboot out of nowhere.
It doesn't happen on the charger
If I restore to one of my 2.1 roms it doesn't do it
It even happens while i'm on a phone call
It doesn't seem to have a pattern of when it happens it seems really random

Any help would be appreciated
I too have been having the same exact problem....tries wiping and reinstalling and diferent froyo versions...still keeps random reboots

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones