• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aria mutes my calls while on a call and how to disable search

schrutedit

Lurker
Dec 4, 2010
Okay I am a newbie here with an HTC Aria which I love, but have 2 major problems that are really frustrating.

1. I'll be on a call for a few minutes and all of a sudden the person on the other line cannot hear a word im saying as if the mute button has been pressed, but it hasnt and its driving me crazy. I either have to end up hanging up or they do, or put them on speaker (which is not ideal if im out in public). Its happened several times already and its really annoying me.

2. While on a call I would accidentally hit speaker phone so I downloaded an app called my phone lock tools or something like that to disable accidentally touching ur screen. But now its 'search' icon on the bottom left that no matter what happens always gets touched by my cheek or what not even tho i try my hardest not to touch it. Anyway to disable this search button?

Thank you so much for reading this and for any comments or suggestions anyone might have. I really like this fone but the 2 problems that im having are big enough for me to return this phone for a different kind.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones