• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aria Review: Intomobile.com

I had the same thoughts about battery life and I found a pretty easy solution. All I did was go into the email account settings for each email address I use and change the refresh time. This has increased my battery standby life from one day to 3 days without a charge. You just need to change the refresh time for each account to 4 hrs and you will get at least 2 days battery life. It worked for me. Some email accounts I have set to check daily. Your mileage may vary but really there are no batteries made that will do what we want at the moment.

Upvote 0
When I first got my Aria, I was getting 3 days with the battery. After three or so weeks, I downloaded Advanced Task Killer. For the next 2 weeks, I barley got through 24 hours with my battery. I deleted ATK a week ago, and have been getting 3 days once again. It seems that the app was killing the battery.

Upvote 0
ATK = Advanced Task Killer

I'm trying something different. I'm keeping it, but I'm having it kill itself when I use it, instead of letting it stay in the background. Will report after a couple days w/ results.

you are supposed to kill ATK when you kill the rest of the apps.
it doesnt take any longer to start it up again from scratch than it would keeping it open all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones