1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Arizona and time problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brettlewis, Mar 11, 2012.

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Android Expert

Just a little warning to those living in Arizona with a galaxy nexus. Your phone time is probably wrong. Apparently ICS and/or the Galaxy Nexus and/or Verizon don't know how daylight savings time works here.

Check the settings below:
    With network time on the phone is wrong:
    [​IMG]

You have to change your time to the Arizona time zone in the select time zone section (note: it will change to mountain time once you select Arizona):
    [​IMG]

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. krocodile74

krocodile74 Lurker

I am experiencing the same issue, but on a Samsung Fascinate phone. So it does not seem to be strictly limited to the Nexus line. Maybe it is an Android issue, or a problem with Verizon? I wish I had the ability to just turn off the "automatic time zone" feature, so instead I had to turn off the entire Automatic Network Provided Values and set my time zone manually for now. I hope if there is an update that needs to be pushed to fix this, that I don't get left in the dust because of my "outdated" phone :)

*after a soft reset, including pulling the battery, it set the time correctly. Hope it stays that way

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews