• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Arkon SM-Armband (pics and a my review vid)

v01rider

Android Expert
May 26, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.facebook.com
Amazon.com: SM-ARMBAND:SM-ARMBAND: Sports Armband for Smartphones | Armband for iPhone and iPod Touch, BlackBerry, HTC…

This came in over the weekend and I have used it twice now. Once to mow a lawn, and again at the gym. The construction of this armband is superb. It is well constructed and it seems like it will hold up through lots of gym use. The outside clear cover is rugged and will withstand bumping against weights or weight machines. I picked this particular case because of the small pocket behind the phone which I use for my locker key. The band and the Velcro is heavy duty. The band will stretch to fit larger arms (those that have huge guns that I don't have :D). The only small problem I found was the small separation in the back where the top part covers the phone. I feel that it should be covered to protect the camera lens and speaker from sweat. I easily/crudely solved this by stitching a piece of old black tshirt and some Velcro. Below are some pictures and also a short review video. If you are thinking about a good armband to use at the gym or for other uses. I highly recommend this armband. It was shipped to the Dallas area for $19!!

2dkz2o8.jpg

qyu2jp.jpg

6fxhz6.jpg

2lw6o9u.jpg

2rm1un7.jpg

66j5sg.jpg

2mxoo60.jpg

2rojrdd.jpg

2wdcb2h.jpg

YouTube - Arkon SM-Armband

Just saw this thread and I want to thank you for the images and the video review. Real nice.

1 question, I know its an armband but if one were to use it like a wrist band, would it be feasible?

I rather have it on my forearm.

Edit: also question 2, is there a opening at the bottom. lets say I have one of those Eveready rechargable battery pack and wanted to hook it up to the evo, is there a hole at the bottom.

TS

Upvote 0
Just saw this thread and I want to thank you for the images and the video review. Real nice.

1 question, I know its an armband but if one were to use it like a wrist band, would it be feasible?

Edit: also question 2, is there a opening at the bottom. lets say I have one of those Eveready rechargable battery pack and wanted to hook it up to the evo, is there a hole at the bottom.

TS

I have the same one. There are two small holes at the bottom but they don't line up with our ports.

Upvote 0

TS

if you do use it on the wrist, there is going to be a lot of extra band.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones