1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Aroma Installer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yahhboy, Jun 14, 2012.

1. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

I am surprised that no one has used Aroma Installer in their ROM installation. It gives more choice to the installer so you do not have to make compromises on what features or apps to include in a rom, the installer themselves can pick for themselves.
    Check it out:
    [MOD][2.00] AROMA Installer :: 120425-020 :: Open Source [REOPEN-SOON] - xda-developers

As long as cwm or rzr aren't really barebones recoveries then this should work as long as it is put together right. This is used on all kinds of roms and mods because it turns multiple files and options into a simple all-in-one with a really interactive installation. This would also make for a pretty simple and beneficial debloater script. I hope you get to benefit from this awesome recovery add on :smokingsomb:

So any devs here up for the challenge? :p

p-bOt likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

this is a great tool :)

3. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Right! I hope someone here implements it, it takes flashing things to another level

4. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

dude that would be amazing!! but i think this is a little bit over my head for now lol.

5. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Ahaha maybe ldrifta or something, I think there's some guides on it though but it requires some C skillz

6. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

haha well i know how to program and write code...im going to school for it right now...its just intimidating knowing that you could possibly **** up alot of peoples phones including your own...and i would feel bad if i just did it for myself. so ill let someone else that has done alot more with android handle this one. I havent ever delved that deep into android. I dont even know how the recovery menu works that well as far as "behind the scenes" lol

7. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Haha well if the installer failed for some reason it would be like a bad install thats all, so the user could easily restore a nandroid and be up and running again. This works on top off the recovery so it doesn't really have the chance to corrupt the recovery :) Im not sure how exactly the recovery is made up though :p

8. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Android Enthusiast

i used this on my galaxy player it gives you some choices as far as launcher ,boot screens and what not

9. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

The possibilities are great you can include several mods, apps, and tweaks all in one. Most kernels i install now use this so you can select the default clock speeds and governor so you don't have to have an app to change it at every boot :D

10. lgesteempro

lgesteempro Lurker

Is this compatable with LG esteem?

11. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Aroma file manager should be, but this is a tool for chefs to cook into the flashing of their roms, it should work if someone makes one ;)

lgesteempro likes this.
  12. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

No ones up for it? Alright :yourloss:
    :p:p

13. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

I dont know one dev that uses it. ;)

14. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Its popular on many HTC devices but its also on a lot of devices like the g2x and samsung phones too like most of the galaxy s2s.
    Some good examples of devs who use it:
    baadnewz
    Steve007
    There also a list made by the aroma dev of roms and mods that use the installer, but its not updated and is missing lots of roms and mods that use it.

Its not just used on sense roms its also on many aokp and cm9 based roms:
    [ROM][4.0.4][AROMA] PARANOIDANDROID v1.3a [CM9HYBRID][16/06/2012] - xda-developers
    :smokingsomb::smokingsomb:

15. max25002

max25002 Android Expert

What Does This DO?

16. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

It's in the op, its an interactive installer that comes up when you flash a zip that has the aroma installer givi.g you various options on what is and isn't being installed ;)

17. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

never heard of either one of them lol

I'm not saying its a bad thingie, I just wont be using it. ;)

18. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

It's all good just wanted to show you guys something cool, it doesn't affect me

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews