1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Arrangement/Order of Applications Reset on phone reboot or sd card unmount/mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by naqi, Jan 14, 2012.

1. naqi

naqi Newbie
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi,
    I have an sgs2 with android 2.3.5 - i think i started to notice this issue after i upgraded to 2.3.5 - mostly because i think jumping from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5 the way in which the 'applications' screens work now is different - they are similar to the main home screens.
    Anyway the issue I have is, when you click the 'applications' icon and are taken to the list of all your applications, in the 'grid view' setting if i arrange my applications in a particular order or i move the various screens/windows around - i have about 5 of them - i find that on rebooting or restarting the phone that this setting gets reset i.e the order in which i placed my applications is lost. I think i notice this also if i mount and unount a sd card too. Has anyone experienced this?
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. naqi

naqi Newbie
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    ok turns out this probably has nothing to do with my upgrade to 2.3.5. i just realised i had some applications installed on my sd card - when i move this back to the phone and then go through the process of mounting and unmounting the sd card - i find that the arrangement of my applications is unchanged - which means the issue was with having some apps installed on the sd card - other than moving these apps back to the phone memory is there some way around this?

3. janor

janor Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    same problem here but it happens with the built in apps like polaris office, memo and task....whenever i move them to another page then reset the phone they return to the original place!!!