• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help arrgh!!! not even rooted and borking somehow! Help?

my phone was being a bit laggy, and come of my customizations had already disapeared without a trace (not sure why, btu I THINK it is a seperate issue right now) so I figured I'd to a factory reset and start over on all my apps and stuff, and see what was making the phone slower.

and the stupid phone, after factory reset?

now, is in force close loop- don't know why, and is not letting me log in to google either... and I am just thinking this is so not fair. this is what happened to my first fascinate (it needed a reset because it just stopped turning on randomly a few days after I got it, and after resetting, went into force close hell... and it got replaced. but now... I am way past 30 days, and besides, there has to be a way to fix this.

so... help?

notes- this phone has NEVER been rooted, I have not done anything wierd to it. (not yet, and maybe never, if I can't figure this issue out.

though, not that I say it- the force closes seem to have stopped when I took out the sd card (maybe it is something trying to run that can't becasue it is no longer installed or somethiong?) but still, I keep getting that my phone may not be provisioned for data services, and I do not have a network connection even though it had me hook into my wifi... maybe if I go outside??

meantime, this SHOULD NOT be happening... and this is on 2 phones now, not just one. so, I want to figure out why is is happening, and fix it, because it make no sense to just keep getting new phones regardless. over a reset.

oh for fricking whatevers! I *think I know why the force closes... I think it is because the phopne will not connect to network. not sure why it won't do that though...

ok, so now, network is working, still getting SOME force closes, and managed to log in to googl e through youtube of all things... stil not fully synced though...

hmm... force close gone when I formatted the sd... luckily which I had fully backed up this morning with the thought of rooting (not gonna happen soon, after this, I think)

Upvote 0
yeah, it is a great phone. but I wish they told people that if they need to reset they need to do it in 2 places. seriously? that could have totally saved my first fascinate, when even the tech support people could not figure it out. happily, I have, since then, played a lot more with the settings, though i keep hesitating on going the way of root, lol. but, I think I probabl.y know the phone in its unrooted state about as well as anyone now. now, if it were to be roted, that might be a different thing alltogether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones