• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

As Green as they come!

Am very disappointed in the htc legend

Battery life very short
keyboard spell check and predictive text inferior to my old nokia which I now think of lovingly !!
clumsy menus, feeble apps ....

Yes OK it has a few good things (well it must have but cant think of one right now-oh yes I can, it has a torch-how sad is it that is the best thing about the phone is a torch!

Most annoying of all the ##@$ Green man who pops up whenever someone I don't have in my contacts rings. Annoying childish, cutsie b.s. I would not have bought this phone had I realised that I was stuck with that thing.

From reading through the posts it looks like I am not alone and also that there is not an easy way of changing this. If anyone has found a way of getting rid of the green man please let me know. Yes I know I can add pictures for my known contacts it is all the others I have a problem with and as a business phone it is frankly an embarrassment.

My next phone will be an iphone even if it is more expensive. The htc legend just doesn't cut the mustard but am trying to hang in there until my contract runs out.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones