• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

As long as I keep my plugged in it stays on...

Man, what the heck is going on? I got home tonight, had to run to the store and my phone was dead. Brought it back by pulling the battery. Listened to tunes, went into store. Came back out. Phone dead. Same thing all night tonight. I've found if I keep it plugged in, it stays alive, but as soon as I unplug and let it sleep, dead. I have 85% battery and I uninstalled everything I installed over the past day or so. I read the thread about this "feature" and no one knows what's up over there. A serious snipe hunt. Methinks the phones going back tomorrow.

there is a thread about this already, i think this is a software issue as it happened to me 1 time, i uninstalled a buggy app and all has been good again, try holding the power button down for about 30 seconds and see if you get a vib alert. check any recent installs for problems.

Yeah, I read through that thread. No one had figured out anything, so I wanted to start again.

I went through and deleted everything from the past few days. No dice. I deleted SetCPU. No dice. I went back to Touchwiz. No dice. Finally, I deleted LauncherPro and turned off ATK. Bingo. I don't get it. I've been using LP and ATK for weeks with no trouble, but in the past few days my phone has been wonky. There was a LP update not long ago. Maybe that's what did it.

I vote for gremlins.

I still might exchange for a new phone. This one still has intermittent audio problems even after going through tons of steps to try and fix them.

Upvote 0
Wish that was true. Mine was laggy and the music player stuttered and skipped out of the box. it's been a constant struggle to get reliable use out of it.

I hate to say it, but I never had a day of trouble like this from my iPhone. Well, I don't hate to say it. I liked my iPhone and am a Mac guy, but I was looking for something different. Looks like I got it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones