• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ascend 2 update to 2.3.5

Tony,

I don't have an answer to your question. I just got the Ascend II phone with 2.3.5 installed on it. If you don't mind i would like to ask how did you root your phone? I have read on this forum and follwed the instruction of rooting my phone but have had no sucess. I have downloaded the file to my laptop then put it on the sd card of the phone. When i start the phone according to the directions on the forum and go to the .zip file i get an error message. Do i have to unzip the file before i load it on the sd card?? I am asking you because you metioned in this thread you have rooted your phone. Not trying to hijack the thread; any advice would be helpful.

thanks,
t

Upvote 0
You have to go back to version 2.3.3. Search for the Ascend2 2.3.3 Stock Rom and download it. This will remove your Muve Music offered by cricket. But that is a choice you have to make.

If you are getting a unexpected error, you need to have Net Framework installed.

1.) Make sure your in debugging mode on your phone (settings/applications/development)
2.) Extract the downloaded file
3.) Create a folder named 'dload' on the root of your sdcard
4.) Open the extracted file and put the "update.app" in the dload folder
5.) Copy update.zip to the root of the sd card

Now All you have to do is go into the Phones Setting->Storage->Software Update. It automatically recognize the file and updates.

After you have completed this, follow the steps of rooting you had been using prior to this.
Good Luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones