• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ascend H866c "low memory" error messages

shock72

Lurker
Dec 23, 2012
Just got this ascend phone (straight talk) the other day, my first smartphone actually. Problem is I keep getting "internal memory low" errors. I moved everything i could to the sd card which has 3.36gb of space left on it but anytime these damn apps try to update I get the error and cant even receive texts. of course they bogged the phone down with google apps, most of which I have no use for.

any ideas on a fix for this? I'm sure i need root access to get rid of the apps that were already installed but I have never messed with rooting a phone before. What good is a phone with "access to 600,000 apps" when you cant install anything because theres no RAM :rolleyes:

This phone should never have been released with as little NAND memory as it has that said the "low Memory" issue will be a quick fix using the link2sd apk on google play. this will allow you to re-partition the SD card and make the phone see it as extra internal memory, however it needs root access and even though there is allot of activity in the forum there is not allot of success.

keep an eye on the "root" thread in this forum and hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Upvote 0
Bought a Y for my wife for X-mass and have been struggling with upkeep (low memory). my current solution is to keep installed apps at a min, copy all apps to SD that will go, and even then every 2-3 days I have to clear the system cache to recover enough memory for her to function.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All (tab) > Clear Cache

Upvote 0
thanks, I moved everything I could to the sd card but they loaded this thing up with a bunch of google junk that I dont even want and cant get rid of or even just move to the sd card. The actual error I get is "internal storage low". I had to delete a few apps and just keep what i really wanted. it just sucks that you're forced to keep these google apps that are just taking up space. I checked the root section, looks like nobody has come up with a solution on this phone so far, i'll keep my fingers crossed

Upvote 0
Yes this phone can be rooted, using the poot method that is listed in all things root. once you are rooted I suggest using link2sd, as you can link applications, dalvik cache, and library files to a second SDcard partition.

I you are brave enough to make room on the system partition of your phone you can integrate the updated system apps that take up room on your data partition into the system partition using link2sd.

I currently have 75 user applications and 68 system applications(upgraded system apps and extra app i converted to system apps)

Upvote 0
i have the same problem.i just got mine to,and its doing the same thing.i even went and got a bigger card. it was a 4mb card,and i got a 8mb card thinking i needed a bigger one and it still says that. it will let me send pictures to facebook but when i send someone a text it says that and the picture keeps saying sending for days,and they e
never get it. its annoying......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones