1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ascend / tap out dc charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedyjerry, May 1, 2011.

1. speedyjerry

speedyjerry Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    The Metro dc charger for $20.00 shows it charges reverse, in fifteen minutes you go from 70% to 15% charge, unplug from dc and plug into ac and it shows 70% charge again immediately.

This happens on my tap out and my sons ascend. I took it back to the store, he replaced it with another, does the same.

We know a battery can't go from 10-70% charge in a couple minutes, the phone is confused by the dc charger.

Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement

2. speedyjerry

speedyjerry Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Problem solved, the metro charger is trash, after an hour of experiments and few phonecalls they agreed and replaced it with a "wireless" brand. It works proper.

3. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Male
    Web Design and Hosting/PC Repair
    NW Georgia
    never buy car chargers from the carrier, U'll pay 10x more for it.

4. speedyjerry

speedyjerry Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    I didn't actually buy it, I bought a card reader that didn't work in my desktop to solve a video problem they couldn't fix either. I discovered you have to hold the camera sideway to record a video if you want to load it to youtube or it plays sideways if you dont.

The card reader didnt work they refused to refund my money two hours later so I had no choice but to use the credit for their dc charger, I assumed that would work since it's the one for this phone, I assumed wrong.

In two days I was able to fix two problems Metro PCS Tech Support couldn't fix, I'm just an old carpenter. (lol)