1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ascend won't boot up!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kingjay2012, Sep 2, 2011.

1. kingjay2012

kingjay2012 Android Enthusiast

im am just about ready to break this GD phone, i have one of the old a** huawei ascend thats pretty capable of doing nothing but freezing and unresponding to everything, camera, system, my go launcher ex, settings, every d**n thing! i cant even reboot my phone and have it start up right away, i have to keep taking the the d**n battery out or keep going into clockwork recovery and fix the permisssion so my phone can boot up sometimes it wont boot up even when i do that it stay stuck on the d**n blue android, i have playfulmod 07282011.. can somebody please tell me whats wrong with this phone or do i need a new one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Scur

Scur Android Expert

3. Scur

Scur Android Expert

Go to Prepaid Android Wiki and grab BobZ's lazy ascend build. Flash it the way Tokenpoke's guide in the Ascend - All Things Root sticky says to. And if it was me, I'd take a close look at the apps I wanted to put back on. If you're going to restore with Titanium Backup, DON'T restore any system data.

4. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

[/QUOTE]

I suggest not using TiBu at ALL. Everytime I used that I had problems. Then i ditched it and would start over from literally nothing, and never have problems anymore.

5. Scur

Scur Android Expert

I heard a lot of people say that. The only issue I had was with an update a few weeks ago, but it's been fine since. You're probably right though, he should probably just make a list of the apps he wants to re-install and just use the market.

6. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

I have no problems with Titanium Backup. You just have to be very careful what you restore. I backup everything and go through and restore only what I want and know is safe.