• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ascend wont leave Android screen

Krzydav

Lurker
May 14, 2011
Ok. So I let my M860 power all the way down the night before last and it will no not leave the Android screen directly after the Huawei screen.

Things I know about my phone:
I purchased it secondhand
I use MetroPCS
It is not rooted to my knowledge(whatever that is)
I have not updated my contacts
Hard reset will not budge it from the Android screen(power, vol up, call)

What I dont know:
Do I need to buy a regular side card/adapter to save my contacts?
How can I get off of this screen?

Update:

My phone is not rooted. I purchased a minicard reader and I dont see my contacts etc. Is there anyway to backup my phone using the Microcard? If I did a factory reset would I lose all of my contacts? Would I lose my text messages from the last few days?

yes and yes...what you can do is backup your contacts to sd card by going into contacts and hit the menu button and export them to sdcard...

Reactions: Krzydav
Upvote 0
Thanks for responding. I wont make that mistake again. Now on to my ascend...

I would back them up but once I hit power it will go to the Metro screen then the black Android screen. Once it gets there it stops and does not boot my system.

Call, volume up, and power wont push it through either. From off mode I can hit call, end, power to get a purple screen or end, volume down, power and get a update failed to load screen b ut nothing else.

I have been w/o my cell for 36 hours and I am about an hour away from calling Metro and pay them 15 dollars to have them switch my number to a Kyocera Domino. I really, really need to get to my text messages. Is there any way to access them?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding. I wont make that mistake again. Now on to my ascend...

I would back them up but once I hit power it will go to the Metro screen then the black Android screen. Once it gets there it stops and does not boot my system.

Call, volume up, and power wont push it through either. From off mode I can hit call, end, power to get a purple screen or end, volume down, power and get a update failed to load screen b ut nothing else.

I have been w/o my cell for 36 hours and I am about an hour away from calling Metro and pay them 15 dollars to have them switch my number to a Kyocera Domino. I really, really need to get to my text messages. Is there any way to access them?

you with cricket or metro...and also when you input your contacs did it save to you gmail account, if so you can get them from there, and if you still have your old phone with all your contacts you can bluetooth them all to the ascend once your phone is up and running.

Upvote 0
I love the good news. I will learn to love the bad news too :)

flash back to stock in fastboot by pressing vol down,end key, and tap power here the file for metro stock: MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip. once you download that file extract it to desktop, once extract run fastboot-windows, you will see a blackscreen popup and go away quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat, a black window will popup again, and it will go away once its finish...the phone will automatic reboot itself...dont pull the battery, first boot might take about 5 to 10 minutes just be patient...

if you have yim add me nutt0606@yahoo.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones