1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ascending volume on ringer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lgbalfa, Aug 9, 2015.

1. lgbalfa

lgbalfa Well-Known Member

since the lollipop update, even with my ringer volume at the loudest, when someone calls, it is really low and then eventually becomes louder. it never did this before the update.

how can i make it so the volume of the ringer is constant?

i thought maybe there was a setting that i need to check / uncheck but didn't find one.

thanks

2. I have not encountered that.

Sound controls changed in 5.1.

Did you Wipe Cache Petition after doing the upgrade to 5.1?

If you did did you try running in Safe Mode to see if it was caused by an app that you added?

... Thom

3. lgbalfa

yes i did a clear cache.

this was also an issue with the galaxy s4 after the lollipop update.

it was a setting that needed to be unchecked but that setting is not on the droid turbo or if it is, i can't find it.

4. What was the setting?

Did you try Safe Mode to rule out an app that you installed?

Did you long press on Volume Up and select All?

... Thom

5. lgbalfa

the S4 has:

"Increase-ring-volume-when-device-in-pocket" option.

the droid turbo does not have this option.

i did not try running it safe mode.

hoping first that it is just a quick fix.

6. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I believe that this is a new feature of Motorola's Lollipop. For some it is a nice way to be notified of an incoming call or alarm, instead of the shocking blast of the ringer volume on the highest setting. My Turbo does the same thing. I kind of like it, but it took a few calls to get used to it.

7. Interesting. Are you using the phone app that came preinstalled? I am using Pixel Phone Pro and I have not noticed this.

... Thom

8. lgbalfa

i am using the phone app that came pre-installed.

Thom likes this.
  9. DanL

DanL Newbie

Thom,

I am using Pixel Phone Pro and get the same increasing loudness. Same thing with my alarm in the morning, starts soft and gets louder. Just started with 5.1 update.

10. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Not sure if you guys had 5.0 or not but it started on that with my Moto X. I hate it but have gotten used to it. I believe it's a new 'feature'.

11. longcat34

longcat34 Lurker

I have an S4. The quiet part of the increasing ringtone lasts 2.1 seconds before it jumps to regular volume. Ringdroid is good for making ringtones, and with this information, no fix is necessary.

12. chucksartoris

chucksartoris Newbie

My droid turbo did that after the update. It has stopped now since the new patch /update on may 15

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews