• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ask before reboot?

dstarr3

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
Hey. I'm new to Android, love it so far. I've got a Samsung Infuse on AT&T, very nifty phone. But one thing bugs me about it. Whenever particular apps update that require a reboot of the phone, my phone will spontaneously reboot, regardless of what I'm in the middle of. Text messaging, downloading apps, navigating on Maps, even in the middle of phone calls, the phone will suddenly just shut itself off to reboot with no warning. I really hope there's a way to set up Android so that it prompts me before rebooting. Like Windows, "Reboot now or later?"

Hopefully there's a way. Anyone know?

Usually Flash, Maps, a couple others. Facebook, too, I think. As soon as the phone comes back on, it says "[so-and-so] Updated successfully," so I assume it's rebooting to complete the installation. There's no other reason for it to turn off. It could just be sitting on my desk playing music and it'll suddenly reboot and tell me something updated.

It's not terribly often. Once a week maybe. But it's still something that a phone shouldn't do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones