1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Asks for boot password dont know it

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Punkysdad71, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Punkysdad71

Punkysdad71 Guest
    None
    I need to find out my kindles boot password I'm not sure what my son did any help

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    uh, I was not aware my Kindle could have a password installed on it :(

I just now, did a complete review of the Kindle Manage Your Device page...

and nowhere did I find a way to manage the device itself. Only that you can "Deregister the device" from your account. And that won't fix your problem.

I suspect all of the settings are in "Static Ram" ?? if so, then removing the battery won't help.

but, in your case, I would try to remove the battery, leave it out for a while, then put it back in.
    It is sort of involved, but fairly easy to do.

I have the Paperwhite edition, but here is a link to get you started on how to open a Kindle up.

https://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_K...n_Battery_Kit_p/kindle-paperwhite-2nd-gen.htm

if your Kindle is different than mine, then search that website for the proper battery for you.
    Then watch the video, it is quite long and very detailed, and it is slow enough for you to see every step.

They show a special little plastic tool to open the case. While nice to have that tool, it is not totally necessary. If you are super careful, a small screwdriver will do the job.... the problem with screwdrivers though, is their width is too small and they have a tendency to wrinkle whatever you try to lift up. ( been there, done that )

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    The next thing I would do, is to Admonish that child to never, ever, go into Settings again! o_O

uh huh, and you can control the Pope too. :rolleyes:

Jfalls63 likes this.