1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Assign Ringtone to Category?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jbroses, Dec 8, 2010.

1. jbroses

jbroses Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm an HTC TP2 WM 6.5 user, but thinking of switching to an Android phone. I've been trying out XD Android, and am close to sold. However, I have a few dealbreakers, though, and I'm hoping experienced Android users can help me out:

1) Is there a way (or an app) that can assign ringtones based on Categories (Outlook or Gmail)? Photo Contacts Pro does this for WM. This is a dealbreaker for me because I have over 900 contacts, and I need to be able to assign a certain ringtone for all work contacts, family, friends, etc. Doing this manually (and having to update it for new/modified contacts) would be horrible. Any thoughts?

2) Is there a way to sync Outlook (or Gmail) tasks with Android? The only thing I've seen so far is editing your gmail tasks list via mobile browser (at Tasks). I haven't been able to try this out myself as my HTC TP2 seems to be IDing itself as a desktop PC. If anyone's tried this and has comments, I'd appreciate it.

If I can solve these problems, I think I'll be a convert! Otherwise, I may have to go to Windows Phone 7... which looks just awful...

Advertisement