1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Assign Specific Text Notifications for Particular Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mss12, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Is this possible to do? I see where I can have seperate ringtones for each contact but what about different text notification sounds for different contacts?

Advertisement

2. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    No one answered this question... I have my text alert set to "Droid" when texts come in. But it says this for all of them. I was wondering if there is a way to assign different sounds to different contacts. Would love to know before I look who it is according to the sound it makes. Help!!

3. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    as far as i know you can't assign different notifications sounds for different people just ringtones.

4. TJ009

TJ009 Active Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Law Enforcement
    MD but born n raised n NC
    I also would like to do this and for the life of me I can't figure out how or find an app that does this. I would also like to be able to silence the ringtone if need be. For example if I am at work and someone starts talking to me and I get a text I would like to simply press a button or touch the screen and it stop automatically (like my bberry did). THe only thing I have found to do is to take my phone out and unlock it for it to stop. By then its too late and I feel like I am being rude with my phone going off. LOL

5. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Computer Technician / Systems Implementation Manag
    Buffalo, NY
    ChompSMS

or

Handcent SMS